• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class specs or Not?

Do you want 4 new specs?

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok if I just want to know if all of you want 4 new class specs added onto the classes that we have right if we get over 30+ votes yes I might be able to convince Kainzo seeing that he might want to add more then just 4 specs to each class for more diversity. I will also put more work into making barbarian hunter elemental and saint knowing that they might get implemented

I voted yes but for some reason put me as no.

M

MrFly007

Seems everyone has been every class by now, and chose what they like the best, but if you implement 4 new specs, I garentee everyone will go those classes because they are new. You want to do this for diversity, but it will only narrow classes down more.

Personally I think it is a awesome idea and would love to see new classes coming. Im just asking questions to iron out all the deails in my head.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems everyone has been every class by now, and chose what they like the best, but if you implement 4 new specs, I garentee everyone will go those classes because they are new. You want to do this for diversity, but it will only narrow classes down more.

Personally I think it is a awesome idea and would love to see new classes coming. Im just asking questions to iron out all the deails in my head.

I already have barbarian and hunter done and now I'm doin elemental so ill post all 4 of the classes on one page and ill let everyone give me their opinions.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea of implementing 4 new classes, but I do not like the idea of non-unique classes. I will wait for Saint and Elemental to see if they are Very much like current Casters/Healers. Imo Elemental has the more tendency to be created as a boring cobbling of old skills thrown into an old geomancer/wither build, so watch out for that TJ.

I really liked the uniqueness of the Pirate idea from jake332211 , even if the Pirate cannot yet have a skeleton friend. I feel like Pirates have much more unique appeal to offer an RPG than (for instance) Barbarians. I DO like the Barbarian thread, just not how every RPG since D+D has had a Barbarian build.

imo Hunter feels cobbled together in its current suggestion phase, no idea it was "done". Ill stalk the thread for a bit and reevaluate.

That being said, Templar_James and all others who agree with us and want some new unique classes, thanks for taking the time to suggest new classes, I know you put a lot of effort into them!

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea of implementing 4 new classes, but I do not like the idea of non-unique classes. I will wait for Saint and Elemental to see if they are Very much like current Casters/Healers. Imo Elemental has the more tendency to be created as a boring cobbling of old skills thrown into an old geomancer/wither build, so watch out for that TJ.

I really liked the uniqueness of the Pirate idea from jake332211 , even if the Pirate cannot yet have a skeleton friend. I feel like Pirates have much more unique appeal to offer an RPG than (for instance) Barbarians. I DO like the Barbarian thread, just not how every RPG since D+D has had a Barbarian build.

imo Hunter feels cobbled together in its current suggestion phase, no idea it was "done". Ill stalk the thread for a bit and reevaluate.

That being said, Templar_James and all others who agree with us and want some new unique classes, thanks for taking the time to suggest new classes, I know you put a lot of effort into them!

I like the idea of new classes as well. I didn't make the Pirate class by the way....I spent days making these: (Laughing at your response Dsawemd, "Good ideas but stop making these", yet here you are asking for more <3)

http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/shadow-trance-or-moon-and-sun-class.33340/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/chill-wind-class.33339/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pathfinder-class.33338/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/naturalist-class.33241

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea of new classes as well. I didn't make the Pirate class by the way....I spent days making these: (Laughing at your response Dsawemd, "Good ideas but stop making these", yet here you are asking for more <3)

http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/shadow-trance-or-moon-and-sun-class.33340/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/chill-wind-class.33339/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pathfinder-class.33338/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/naturalist-class.33241

son of a bitch. Two things. 1. I like your class ideas bc I remember your name in association with solid creative and balance-able ideas, sorry about the Pirate mix-up. FYI all: Naturalist is a fleshed-out mystic, and the other classes seem like cool starts too (Chill Wind is a melee/slowing build, Shadow-trance is a very unique class with skill rotation based around minecraft Day/Night).

2. Im pretty sure you were the person who got the rule ("No suggesting entirely new classes") to change, HC has been locked into the same exact class structure with only 2-3 major alterations for a few maps now. We were all ready for something new we just needed someone creative to let us realize it.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
son of a bitch. Two things. 1. I like your class ideas bc I remember your name in association with solid creative and balance-able ideas, sorry about the Pirate mix-up. FYI all: Naturalist is a reallly cool but un-implementable atm healer that uses summoned mobs to heal, and the other classes seem like cool starts too (Chill Wind is a melee/slowing build, Shadow-trance is a very unique class with skill rotation based around minecraft Day/Night).

2. Im pretty sure you were the person who got the rule ("No suggesting entirely new classes") to change, HC has been locked into the same exact class structure with only 2-3 major alterations for a few maps now. We were all ready for something new we just needed someone creative to let us realize it.

My Naturalist class doesn''t have mobs that heal....your talking about that Pirate guys "Zoologist" class. Lol <3. I think I did bend the rule as well....after I posted them I was informed that it was against the rules....which I overlooked. Now it seems to slide by, I believe for creativity reasons and entertainment.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Ok if I just want to know if all of you want 4 new class specs added onto the classes that we have right if we get over 30+ votes yes I might be able to convince Kainzo seeing that he might want to add more then just 4 specs to each class for more diversity. I will also put more work into making barbarian hunter elemental and saint knowing that they might get implemented

I voted yes but for some reason put me as no.
Can u open a convo with me? I have some classes with skills I can suggest to u.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have 200+ skills under our belt, about 175 of them are active and in use - maybe less. This doesn't include permission-skills, which equal about 100 on their own.

Every single one of these skills were hand-coded and edited by myself or the Herocraft Dev team.

I'll be reviewing some of these suggestions - chances are we aren't going to add a new class to each path, but maybe yank one and re-add one.

To note: We need to make sure the classes are UNIQUE and there is a need/role for them in that path, otherwise its just muddying the waters.

M

MrFly007

We have 200+ skills under our belt, about 175 of them are active and in use - maybe less. This doesn't include permission-skills, which equal about 100 on their own.

Every single one of these skills were hand-coded and edited by myself or the Herocraft Dev team.

I'll be reviewing some of these suggestions - chances are we aren't going to add a new class to each path, but maybe yank one and re-add one.

To note: We need to make sure the classes are UNIQUE and there is a need/role for them in that path, otherwise its just muddying the waters.
Yeah, I like this idea better than adding a whole new class. Replacing one class in each spec seemed to work fine in Bastion so maybe we could do it again? I always thought some classes could use a little tug, and new ones could be implemented.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Yank ranger then and use my suggestion from my hunte suggestion if you like people seem to like the ideas

M

MrFly007

Then what do you suggest should go?
Seeing as rogue is cloak and dagger and along the line of that, ninja seems to fit well, also ranger because its survival/ranged killing. Also if ranger were to go, you'd be taking a big part of the game out with bow. A lot of people enjoy using now and if the other rogue classed and samurai only used them for secondary weapons it wouldn't be as common. In my opinion (sadly) I think it is a stand off between rune blade and bard. As it seems, many people like bard and it seems to work really well. Rune blade has a lot of problems (so I hear) and is not favorable to people.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Seeing as rogue is cloak and dagger and along the line of that, ninja seems to fit well, also ranger because its survival/ranged killing. Also if ranger were to go, you'd be taking a big part of the game out with bow. A lot of people enjoy using now and if the other rogue classed and samurai only used them for secondary weapons it wouldn't be as common. In my opinion (sadly) I think it is a stand off between rune blade and bard. As it seems, many people like bard and it seems to work really well. Rune blade has a lot of problems (so I hear) and is not favorable to people.

Did I say my hunter class removed the bow? It just increases survival ability of a ranger... Bard is fine and actually runebladd might need a fixing

Carlover1234

Obsidian

My Naturalist class doesn''t have mobs that heal....your talking about that Pirate guys "Zoologist" class. Lol <3. I think I did bend the rule as well....after I posted them I was informed that it was against the rules....which I overlooked. Now it seems to slide by, I believe for creativity reasons and entertainment.
Okay I'm that guy who created those classes lol. Thank you very much.

M

MrFly007

Did I say my hunter class removed the bow? It just increases survival ability of a ranger... Bard is fine and actually runebladd might need a fixing
If rune blade were to stay I'd need definite fixing. And I'm sorry, I didn't really look into hunter so I wouldn't know what it's about. From the way you described it, " increases survival ability", it sounds great to me! :)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for "yanking" specs to make room for new ones. Increase spec offerings don't just change them.