• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class Idea

Do you like my idea for a new class?

• Total voters

xShonounx

Gold
I have an idea for a new class for Herocraft: (Anything can be changed for the better.)

The Psychic/Medium
Caster Spec
Main weapon: Hoe
A few skills:
Mind control- reaches into the mind of the enemy MOB, making it fight anything but the Psychic's party, focused on other hostile mobs.
Psychic Storm- Summons 20 arrows and uses psychic abilities to make them home in on the nearest enemies in the casting range.
Chaos- Causes all hostile mobs to attack each other and players other than you and your party within a 25 block radius.
Muscle Spasm- Causes all players and mobs in a 15 block radius to recieve 5 DoT every second for 10 seconds.
Focus- Regenerate all party member's stamina and mana over 5 seconds.
One Enemy- causes all hostile mobs in a 30 block radius to attack the player you are looking at.
Free Hugs- The target creeper will not explode when near you, instead they will go up to you and hearts will come up, making the creeper now a pet (Like a tamed wolf).
Reflect- 30% chance to redirect an incoming arrow to the arrow's shooter. (Includes players and skeletons)
Brain Wave- Deals 200 damage to all players and mobs not in your party within a 10 block radius.

Can use:
Leather armour
Butter armour
Chain Leggings
Up to butter tools, can use iron shovel and hoe.
Health and Mana- Wizard's health and mana (Whatever that is)

If you like my idea, leave a positive comment, and a vote in the poll. Thanks for reading :3

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well, this server has an amazing dev team, eh? Why can't they do this?
Because we're already swamped with current on going projects as well as jobs and other IRL stuff that keep our devs busy. Not to mention the problems from a coding stand point these skills would present.

Examples:
Psychic Storm - This skill would require a shit load of calculations from the server and due to how the poorly MC is written in the first place would generate a massive amount of lag.

Any of your mob skills - Writing mob AI on it's own is no simple task then swapping the AI of a mob on the fly would require a complete re-write of how monsters work within bukkit. It's no simple task.

But in short the reason most of this cannot be done is time or lack thereof.

P.S. I've also moved this to suggestions as that is where it should have been posted in the first place.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm all for suggestions, just sometimes they aren't feasible.

We are looking for a dev that knows AI like the back of his hand so we can put in Combat-pets :)