• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New class clasifications

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You'd have:
Support Type: Utility/Minor Attacks Ex; Bard
Striker Type: Single Target/Burst Class Ex; Runeblade
Defender: Tanks/Healers/Beefy Classes Ex: Cleric
Controller: Aoe's/Crowd Control/Magic Based Ex: Beguiler

Classes could also have a Sub-Type. Similar to Hybrids in the past.

The better path term is "Support" mainly because we want the support to not just be restricted to "heals". It's more broad and we can do more work with it.
I think changing all the paths would help with this.

@JupiterRome cause you showed interest before

I'm gonna explain subtypes a little.
A sub-type class would be similar to Hybrid classes in the past. They are good at 2 things, instead of really good at 1 thing.

Ideally most classes would have a subtype, as to expand the playstyles of each class.

Examples for each class we have ATM:

Berzerker: Striker Sub-Typed (No clue, Defender? Not tanky enough, don't know)
Paladin: Defender Sub: Support
DreadKnight: Defender: Sub: Striker(Controller?)
Goon: Striker Sub: Support
Sammurai: Striker Sub: None. Pure Striker

Ninja: Striker Sub: None. Pure Striker
Ranger: Support Sub: Striker
Runeblade: Striker Sub: Support
Bard: Support Sub: None. Pure Support

Pyromancer: Controller Sub: Striker
Wizard: Controller Sub: Striker
Necromancer: Controller Sub: Striker
Beguiler: Controller Sub: None. Pure Controller
Shaman: Controller Sub: Defender

Cleric: Defender Sub: None. Pure Defender.
Druid: Defender Sub: Controller
Bloodmage: Controller Sub: Defender
Disciple: Striker Sub: Defender

I tried to have 1 Pure of each type (2 Pure Strikers, as we can see, a lot of classes would be Strikers).
A Pure class would be the best at THAT specific thing. Their shortcoming is that they can't do thing in other categories.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Seeing as Healer has been changed, I figured: Why not remove the 4 classifications we know, and make new ones? Seeing as Support was named so the classes could be made to not soley focus on healing

You'd have:
Support Type: Support/Minor Attacks Ex; Bard
Striker Type: Single Target/Burst Class Ex; Runeblade
Defender: Tanks/Healers/Beefy Classes Ex: Cleric
Controller: Aoe's/Crowd Control/Magic Based Ex: Beguiler

4 simple categories, and classes could fall under two (Paladin would be a Defender, with sub-type Leader).

I dunno. I like the idea of saying Support instead of healer, but if that is gonna change, I think they should all change.

@JupiterRome cause you showed interest before
Sounds very similar to DnD's roles...I like it.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I didn't get that alert..... @Alator
Would classes be able to have multiple roles?

edit* NVM I see there are sub types XD IM bad
I like it

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
OP edited to hopefully give an example of what the current classes would be like.
Interested to see what @Balance Team would think of this

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Doesn't really have anything to do with balance.
Honestly I think it would. Some classes might require rework to fit more into catagories. Or to make the Pures not demish everyone else simply because they are a Pure.
But what evs. I came up with after trying to figure out if healer WAS changed to support (which it has) and just posted.

Delikin

TNT
Why is Sammy a pure striker? Its just as tanky as DK but has better endurance to last longer in a fight.

(Now before you flip out and say I'm completely wrong, let me explain.)

DK has a tank/burst kit with quite limited mobility and less sustain than Sammy.
(Its main burst has a 15 freaking minute CD.)
Which means yes in a quick fight that lasts maybe 45 seconds DK will do some chunking, however.

Samurai has the best sustain kit in the game, and the most mobility out of all the warrior classes (Dragoon still has a lot of mobility however I'm talking about a different kind of "Mobility "). I'm not at all saying that sammy isnt qualifed to be a pure striker type warrior, but i think if it's going to be, then it needs to have a defense nerf.

@Balance Team

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Why is Sammy a pure striker? Its just as tanky as DK but has better endurance to last longer in a fight.

DK has a tank/burst kit with quite limited mobility and less sustain than Sammy.
Which means yes in a quick fight that lasts maybe 45 seconds DK will do some chunking, however.

Samurai has the best sustain kit in the game, and the most mobility out of all the warrior classes (Dragoon still has a lot of mobility however I'm talking about a different kind of "Mobility "). I'm not at all saying that sammy isnt qualifed to be a pure striker type warrior, but i think if it's going to be, then it needs to have a defense nerf.

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]
Yeah I'm still going to flip out.

Dk has dreadaura, which pretty much means it can go into the middle of the fight and just deal damage and heal up again, not to mention soul leech is a nice ~100 hp heal when the duration is over.

Also, Im not quite sure what you mean by "mobility" other than mobility. Samurai has a 7 second speed three, with like a 20 second cooldown, which is nice, but it doesn't last long. Dk and paladin have horses, the buggy things add mobility to a non-mobile class.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

Dk has dreadaura, which pretty much means it can go into the middle of the fight and just deal damage and heal up again, not to mention soul leech is a nice ~100 hp heal when the duration is over.

Also, Im not quite sure what you mean by "mobility" other than mobility. Samurai has a 7 second speed three, with like a 20 second cooldown, which is nice, but it doesn't last long. Dk and paladin have horses, the buggy things add mobility to a non-mobile class.

I think he more meant in combat mobility. Horses are an ok Engage tool, but almost impossible to use as a disengage (For good reasons).

Samurai: 1,183 hp, Full chain + Iron Chest
DK: 1,069 hp, Full Iron + Diamond Pants

So: Samurai, High HP, lowerish Defense, Single Target

DK: High HP (Not as high as Sammy, but 1069 is a decent amount), good defense, mostly single target, has potential for good sustain with Dread Aura.

The reason Sammy is a Pure, is that that is it's special things. Samurai is the best STRIKER. IT's downfall is that it offer little to nothing from any other category. Also, these aren't perfect. In reality there shouldn't be so many classes that fall under striker (But due Minecraft and the main playstyle of HC they do). This is all just a suggestion, so there's obviously room to tweak things

Delikin

TNT

What I mean by mobility is the ability to strafe around someone at higher speeds so that you gain the advantage in a simple fight. DK/Pally only have to ability to engage with theirs, it's not like they can just run around strafing people on a horse. That 7 seconds of speed 3 is a lot believe it or not. It alone can be an engage, a good hit and run setup, a getaway, etc.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mike means to categorize them these ways so that their attributes/strengths and skills can be adjested accordingly, thus "improving" class balance.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mike means to categorize them these ways so that their attributes/strengths and skills can be adjested accordingly, thus "improving" class balance.
Pretty much. It's also to allow more diversity in a class.

A healer is expected to heal you, your group, and not fight,
A defender however, can Heal, Fight, Tank, or a lot more things.

The reason Healer was changed to Support was because Kainzo wanted it to be less restrictive.

Delikin

TNT

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
(I'd like to take back what I said here)
I didn't at the time realize what type of armor Sammy used. My apologies.

Also as a side note though I've just now realized that HonorBlade only got a 5% stat increase compared to all the other T2 classes having a 10-12% stat increase.