• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New chat channel in-game

Should there be a new channel created for talking about world problems?

• Total voters

Clawscript

Obsidian
So,
Recently there have been so many conversations about god-knows-what problems humankind is facing, be it social, economical, environmental, the list goes on forever!
My suggestion is to add a new channel in chat just to talk about world problems. Right now, all of it goes down in OutOfCharacter most of the time. At this moment, I am even missing the greatest one we've probably had in many months because of a storm, but that's not the point.

Problems created by this:
-The conversation went at a pace of 3 messages/second on average, making anything that truly fits /o chat get swept away in those comments.
-I have been trying to trade relics for some of Farming since a while, and my message in Trade had disappeared from the focused area of my chat GUI faster than you could say "Global Warming". That means that no actual server actions could occur during these "rants" because of their excessive activity.
Potential solution:
I know about the existence of the Politics channel, but most don't even know of it's existence and others that do feel that certain aspects do not apply in that section.
Leaving /o chat for those who aren't interested isn't a viable option, because it is an essential channel to talk about regular happenings.
That is why, in my opinion, conversations about world problems (this includes everything from pollution to disparities between the two genders) should be taken to a new channel. Players should be informed of its existence so that anyone who does not want to know about those conversations can still play HC in a usual way, and that others who join them can empty out all their "fury" upon the others who are ready to unleash theirs as well.

This has been written on my iPod, forgive any accidental spelling errors.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
the QQ chat?

But in all seriousness, isn't that what offtopic for? It would be quiet without the government directed rage and other similar topics

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
@CoolBeans279 Care to leave some actual input? I've noticed that nearly every new post has a facepalm rating given by you.

What about this post, or any of the ones you've given bad ratings, made you smack yourself in the face? Why is no new post worthy of Lord CoolBeans?

If you disagree with something, give it a disagree. If you dislike something, give it a dislike. If you hate someone, flood their posts with facepalms to discourage them from making any posts in the future!

The least you could do is use an appropriate rating and then leave a comment explaining why you felt that way, instead of slapping down the facepalm button the second you see something you don't like.

I don't think @Clawscript has suggested anything wrong or stupid, such as "Give Ninja an instagib" or "Buff Paladin, because I can't kill anything with it".

I'm not wanting to start a fight, but it just boggles my mind how so many people misuse the facepalm rating. It really needs to stop. How do you think a newbie will feel when they make their first suggestion and it gets bombarded with facepalms, with no explanations why or what they did wrong? They will most likely feel that their ideas are stupid and be discouraged from making any posts in the future.

/endrant
-------------------------------
Now, back on topic: I think this would be a good idea because frankly, I don't understand a thing @EtKEnn says when he talks about different countries and the like. :3

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
@CoolBeans279 Care to leave some actual input? I've noticed that nearly every new post has a facepalm rating given by you.

What about this post, or any of the ones you've given bad ratings, made you smack yourself in the face? Why is no new post worthy of Lord CoolBeans?

If you disagree with something, give it a disagree. If you dislike something, give it a dislike. If you hate someone, flood their posts with facepalms to discourage them from making any posts in the future!

The least you could do is use an appropriate rating and then leave a comment explaining why you felt that way, instead of slapping down the facepalm button the second you see something you don't like.

I don't think @Clawscript has suggested anything wrong or stupid, such as "Give Ninja an instagib" or "Buff Paladin, because I can't kill anything with it".

I'm not wanting to start a fight, but it just boggles my mind how so many people misuse the facepalm rating. It really needs to stop. How do you think a newbie will feel when they make their first suggestion and it gets bombarded with facepalms, with no explanations why or what they did wrong? They will most likely feel that their ideas are stupid and be discouraged from making any posts in the future.

/endrant
-------------------------------
Now, back on topic: I think this would be a good idea because frankly, I don't understand a thing @EtKEnn says when he talks about different countries and the like. :3
Because i think its a stupid idea, whats OOC for then? the conversation was in the right chat, and hes complaining about that?!? you can leave OOC, oh wait... apparently leaving OOC is bad because it is an "essential" channel to talk about regular happenings, but the conversation people were having fit in OOC perfectly, i don't understand where people get ideas like this.

Clawscript

Obsidian
Because i think its a stupid idea, whats OOC for then? the conversation was in the right chat, and hes complaining about that?!? you can leave OOC, oh wait... apparently leaving OOC is bad because it is an "essential" channel to talk about regular happenings, but the conversation people were having fit in OOC perfectly, i don't understand where people get ideas like this.
If your logic were applied, then all other channels would be deemed "useless" because "you can do it in OOC". My idea is perfectly valid considering the amount of spam we've got sooner today. Many would've rather talked about usual stuff using OOC without seeing that mega-argument.
I don't understand why certain people jump to their conclusions with so little consideration.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I follow your reasoning, @Clawscript but I would prefer to see this sort of discussion in OOC chat. I don't actually think that a dedicated channel would get used that much, and I like to see expanding thoughts expressed in OOC. Even realizing how narrow some people's understandings are can be a useful education in itself. ;)

Having said that, I often find myself leaving OOC, lol.

Clawscript

Obsidian
I follow your reasoning, @Clawscript but I would prefer to see this sort of discussion in OOC chat. I don't actually think that a dedicated channel would get used that much, and I like to see expanding thoughts expressed in OOC. Even realizing how narrow some people's understandings are can be a useful education in itself. ;)

Having said that, I often find myself leaving OOC, lol.
Well, both ways are possible, although the more socializing types would prefer to stay in OOC :p
As for me, I'm all for the wise conversations xD

DJAlphaWolf

Legacy Supporter 6
We have a politics channel, an anime channel, and others. No one ever uses them as much as OOC anyways. Pretty much anything can be covered in there. So I can see why no one would bother using those channels. Their audience is bigger and it's not against any rules.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
Lets just talk about this in O chat. XD

And who else than Coolbeans to give me a F-palm. Well whatever.

I like Claw's idea, but I think that O-chat should also be for anything. However, for those that are so inclined, there could be separate chats for those that want to have a good conversation about a specific topic.