• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Necromancer

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
For Necromancer changes. Will be looking at this soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1362543169,1359489088][/DOUBLEPOST]Surprised nobody has checked this out yet - but what do we all think about the status of DrainSoul?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that Necromancer has a solid range with its mouseover skills (poison at 15, DS at 12) which many classes find hard to combat easy hits at such long range.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that Necromancer has a solid range with its mouseover skills (poison at 15, DS at 12) which many classes find hard to combat easy hits at such long range.
Are you suggesting their range to be a block/few blocks lower?

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
To be honest, even though necro is a ranged spec, the range of their skills are extraordinary. Especially when it comes to poison. I like the status of necros at the moment but it might be a good idea to shorten the range of a few skills.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I disliked necromancer, mainly because it was too easy to play and win with. I think it needs a few changes.
  • Bonespear!
    • first of all, either its base damage is too high, or its cooldown is too low.
    • 80+1.75 per int (30 int=132.5 damage semi AoE)
    • 8 second cooldown
    • 20 block range
    • hits everything in the line of fire, armor penetration.
    • Keep in mind, it moves very fast, and cannot be dodged as easily as a fireball, even hiding behind something wont work, as the damage is within 3~ blocks of the line of fire, so its almost impossible to miss unless you're aiming more than 5 blocks from the target...
    • suggest warmup be increased to 12~ seconds.
  • Web!
    • it's almost spammable, and you can use your skills through it. its pretty much an AoE entangle/arrow blocker/melee stopper.
    • suggest increasing cooldown to 28-30 seconds instead of 21 seconds.
  • drainsoul!
    • cooldown needs increased. 8 seconds is a little short for a 70~ damage 100~ heal skill.
    • 8-->15
So! these 3 skills im thinking are what make necromancer so powerful as it is now. I think that they need a change

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
  • Bonespear!
    • 8 second cooldown
    • 20 block range
    • Keep in mind, it moves very fast, and cannot be dodged as easily as a fireball, even hiding behind something wont work, as the damage is within 3~ blocks of the line of fire, so its almost impossible to miss unless you're aiming more than 5 blocks from the target...
  • Web!
    • it's almost spammable, and you can use your skills through it. its pretty much an AoE entangle/arrow blocker/melee stopper.
  • drainsoul!
    • cooldown needs increased. 8 seconds is a little short for a 70~ damage 100~ heal skill.
    • 8-->15
So! these 3 skills im thinking are what make necromancer so powerful as it is now. I think that they need a change
to be completely honest, i think necro is only slightly stronger then it needs to be, seeing as our damage without bonespear is 120 damage over 20 seconds on a class without mobility i think the bonespear CD is fine as is. drainsoul change is fine, and i could live with the web change but i dont agree with it, other CC like root is shorter cooldown longer range and u cant trap yourself and your allys in it

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I disliked necromancer, mainly because it was too easy to play and win with. I think it needs a few changes.
  • Bonespear!
    • 8 second cooldown
    • 20 block range
  • Web!
  • drainsoul!
    • 8-->15
Web probably has the worst range of most "roots" if you can even call it that.

People need to understand bonespear is broken. The bonespear you see in game is not what was originally intended. No radical changes just bring it back (if possible).

Instead of instant dmg it's a slow wave that hits multiple targets but is easily dodge-able. Current it's just a single target snipe. It makes winning a lot easier and is partly the reason I left it on live.