• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer Summoning the dead

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I always wondered why a necromancer couldn't summon skeletons or zombies. Then I hear people talk about how they could summon skeletons and I think this should be reimplemented. Lorewise the thing that makes a necromancer a necromancer is summoning the dead to do their bidding. Even the wiki says "summon the undead to do their bidding". I think the skill should work like this.

You summon either a skeleton or zombie using either bones or rotten flesh. It attacks any one in the area besides u and your party members.

I would also like to know why it was taken away in the first place thx!:)

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Most likely because it was abused to kill people at spawn/it hitted the party/the necromancer as far as i know
I didn't think about this but I'm sure somthing could be implemented to fix it. Maybe summoned creatures couldn't hurt players in safe zone if that could be done[DOUBLEPOST=1362106113,1362106020][/DOUBLEPOST]_maxo I made this thread for u xD

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Using a pentagram to summon a mob, and they will act like sort a side of u, I am sure it could be done...

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
A full description of what i want
Prepare a 7*7 area
put a odsidien or any other block that would be good
use skill to start up a set up of pentagram
place torches to the corrisponding places
Then use skill again to summon up a mob
the mob will attack party members but not urself
the cd of the summon skill and pentagram setup would be a day, or untill the pet dies
Just a thought

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
A full description of what i want
Prepare a 7*7 area
put a odsidien or any other block that would be good
use skill to start up a set up of pentagram
place torches to the corrisponding places
Then use skill again to summon up a mob
the mob will attack party members but not urself
the cd of the summon skill and pentagram setup would be a day, or untill the pet dies
Just a thought
I like it! Know any of the programmers we can tag to see if it would work?

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Nope i am just refering how warlocks in mortal instruments work, which i pretty like it. I dunno if it is able to be implemented or not :(

I really like it! Necromancers are the ones who summon the dead, right? And they can't summon the dead? This NEEDS to be implemented!

M

Multis_Revenge12

It was removed due to attacking the caster/party members. Not sure if necromancer really needs another skill at the moment anyways.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Couldn't it be coded so that the skeleton couldn't attack the party?
Even if it didn't kill the caster it would need a buff the oringinal skill on DG wasn't the greatest, and at this point I don't think necros need anymore buffs

Honestly, we need to find a programmer that specializes in AI. None of our team members do.

DMarby Knows someone :p
Even if it didn't kill the caster it would need a buff the oringinal skill on DG wasn't the greatest, and at this point I don't think necros need anymore buffs
Kainzo, I play on a server that has a class in ctf that summon zombies/skeletons/blazes with a mob spawner and they don't attack the team of that class, may you could do something like that?

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
And it could have chances like farmers.
100% 1 zombie or skeleton
30% 2 zombie or skeleton
10% 3 zombies or skeletons

And there could be different types of alters that summon each creature