• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer suggestions(Poison and Web)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Poison

When Necromancers hit level 15 they gain the skill Poison.
Poison deals 5 dmg over 10 seconds and costs 15 mana(ish, don't quote me on this, no info on the wiki).
Poison is a great skill, but as the dmg dosn't get higher as you level - it's useless in PvP or PvE. It uses the same(ish) amount of mana drainsoul uses, exept that drainsoul deals 17 dmg and heals 8 hp at level 55.

You probably see the problem here, Poison fits well into the Necromancer kit, but it's a waste of mana due to the low usefulness of the DoT dmg it does. With a kit of two heavy DoTs, a leech spell, a heavy slow, and a small useless DoT - Necromancers has the problem of finishing off targets in PvP due to the slow DoTs, and often finds themselves dead before they can kill the target.

I suggest the skill Poison to start scaling with 2.5 dmg every 10 levels, so 7.5 at 25 - and 15 dmg over 10 seconds at lvl 55.

Web

At level 20 Necromancers gain the skill Web.
After a 0.5s(ish) warmup the spell spawns cobweb in a -|- shape with 5 cobwebs in 2 straight lines - this often misses slight or completely if the target is moving/sprinting/jumping as the target simply walks past the cobweb area before it spawns(or jumps over). Which can often turn the tides of a battle when the caster has no defensive abilities and the cc fails.

A quick and easy fix for the spell would be to increase the area that is incased in web, and also fill in in the x shaped area on the sides of the -|-(which is empty with the current web - enabling targets to simply walk sideways to dodge the spell). 1 block would do it, but since it wouldn't match the -|- shape the area has to be increased by 2 blocks.

Here's an example on how it would look:
1ieYi.png

Here's how it looks now:
WeiQZ.png

But ofc, you could also make it 6 blocks long and in a =||= shape(could be easier to code):
NWBYQ.png

X70Nm.png

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't have much experience with Necromancer, but I remember one using web on me while I was still a low-level rogue, and it didn't affect me at all. It was just too easy to avoid...

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't have much experience with Necromancer, but I remember one using web on me while I was still a low-level rogue, and it didn't affect me at all. It was just too easy to avoid...

Probably me or HolyRane.

Joka10

Soulsand
It was probably Holy. It was one of the people raiding Valor, so that rules you out...

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Sure.

Web is fine btw. As being the Second Mastered Necromancer; take my advice. Very useful in 1v1 combat; doesn't act as a slowness in pursuit. The skill is based on close combat anyway.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Sure.

Web is fine btw. As being the Second Mastered Necromancer; take my advice. Very useful in 1v1 combat; doesn't act as a slowness in pursuit. The skill is based on close combat anyway.
Eh, how is it very useful when it has a 90% chance to miss if they jump/walk sideways

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Hi, I used to be a necromancer last map!

I fought a level 30-specced paladin (in that range somewhat) when I was a necromancer. I happened to win that fight. The trick is- web. I feel that if web hasn't changed since the last map, it is perfectly fine. Though it is easy to dodge, you can also easily use it to your advantage. Web should not be changed. Though, there is a glitch with web. If one was to place water to get out of web, you get string from the webs destroyed. Fixing that would be the best way to change web.

I agree with the poison. +1 Iarbobray points

Merikku

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember how horrible web was and I hoped it would get fixed... and to be honest its pretty much the same at the moment, just 1 more web block on either side of the cross. I would LOVE if web could be an effective mob control skill perhaps like the picture kevin put up (first one). Also I agree with the poison skill. buff it up, or make it cost next to nothing in mana.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Poison: The poison suggestion is legit due to the fact that poison as it is does bout 5 damage and costs 10 mana.

Web: Webs problems are casting speed and range. the area of effect is ok, the problem is the delivery. They see u casting it and they have time to jump/evade.