• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer Sounds

LCountach

Wood
#1 Plague - I think this needs a sound and/or a visual effect.

#2 Become Death - I would like to see this changed to something like a Zombie grown.

The following is my reasoning for the suggestion and some rambling.

I have been leveling Necromancer for a while now and loving the class. I just reached Lev55 and got the "Plague" skill. I was VERY disappointed to find out it had no corresponding sound or visual effect when used. I find it very difficult using skills when the only way to know if something actually happened is a little chat spam message. That's umm... survivable when a zombie is chasing me but Damning when a Player is trying to kill me. The patch that added sounds and effects is probably my favorite change I have seen done in Herocraft. Unfortunately it was also the last straw that made me switch from my Master Ninja class.

For me, A Ninja should be deadly and stealthy. The Main Reason I switched was: Even while sneaking, some players knew "Exactly" where I was with single block accuracy no matter where I was hiding. When players chose to cough... "Play" in a way that negates my stealth, when a Blackjack goes Pop! Sparkle! and when Smoke goes Bang! like TnT. That ruins my "Ninja Fantasy". I guess that just means my mental image of Ninja's is different than the developers. At least Necros are tough and can kill you even after they are dead. DOTs for the Win! I am not a fan of the open PvP aspect. Roaming around and Surprise ROFL Stomping players, Blocking up and camping their chests, and then tossing everything out of their chests/base into the lava isn't my idea of a good time. However Herocraft (based on Minecraft) even with it's flaws and loopholes has a strong allure for me. I am just forced to adapt to the gameplay environment the other players chose to present me with. Unfortunately, I suspect that "some" of the current Players and not Herocraft itself are why 90% of new players don't stay on this server. I like the "Idea" of the Karma System coming but I hope it doesn't become another way bullies can exploit and... Wait... That's for another topic. I tend to ramble and go off topic even in real life too when ideas and circumstances intertwine. I just have SO MUCH stuff in my head that wants out! Anyway...

Ohh Yea... I almost forgot! I would also like to suggest the "BecomeDeath" skill have a different sound other than the "Cat Meow". Perhaps that was just a place holder and never got updated? I don't know but I would suggest changing it to something like a Zombie Grown maybe.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
1. Plague should have a sound - keep in mind Plague spreads, try using it in on a group of baby slimes to see some skill spam. With that in mind, and effect/sound should be minimal or Necros could lag themselves out.

2. Become death cat meow is likely a placeholder. It should change to a skeleton death noise (rattling bones), or an endermen moan, or like LC said^ zombie noise.

Northac

Obsidian
1. Plague should have a sound - keep in mind Plague spreads, try using it in on a group of baby slimes to see some skill spam. With that in mind, and effect/sound should be minimal or Necros could lag themselves out.

2. Become death cat meow is likely a placeholder. It should change to a skeleton death noise (rattling bones), or an endermen moan, or like LC said^ zombie noise.

Never noticed no sound with plague, didnt think about it. As for becomedeath id prefer the skele's rattle, the zombie moan makes me look for them, and the enderman moan is waaaay to long, and noisy.