• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer : Despair's Blind

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Due to People using Optifine (Making Blind not work, I have been told) I Belive the Blind on Despair should Do 1 of 2 things.

1. Slow the Targets hit instead of the Blind.
2. Give Nausea Instead of the Blind.

Just To Balance it out.
Thank You For Reading Suggestion

@Trazil

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Due to People using Optifine (Making Blind not work, I have been told) I Belive the Blind on Despair should Do 1 of 2 things.

1. Slow the Targets hit instead of the Blind.
2. Give Nausea Instead of the Blind.

Just To Balance it out.
Thank You For Reading Suggestion

@Trazil
The point of blind is for the seudo-silence I thought?
If the skill was to be changed I suggest it either silences or go with the slow effect. An AOE slow would be pretty useful, and it could simply be rebalanced damage wise if the damage + slow was too much.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The point of blind is for the seudo-silence I thought?
If the skill was to be changed I suggest it either silences or go with the slow effect. An AOE slow would be pretty useful, and it could simply be rebalanced damage wise if the damage + slow was too much.
Great Point!
We should Probobly Keep the SIlence due to it being basically necros only silence, well not basically

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Current Despair:
Despair
Mana: 125
CD: 28 sec
You deal (25 + 1 per intellect point) damage and blind all enemies within 8 blocks around you for (1.5 + 0.062 per charisma point) seconds. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

New Despair:
Desapir
Mana: 125
CD: 28 sec
You deal (20 + .5 per Int) damage and silence all enemies within 10 blocks for (1.5+.062 per Charisma) 1.5 sec warmup

Essentially I suggest a damage decrease, range increase, and actually silencing enemies hit.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Balance wise, should a damage mage have such a strong CC skill?
I believe Necro can stay balanced, and still keep despair. i think the damage should be lowered a bit, as you're not doing this for the damage. It's for the silence. The blindness effect was great because you could lead with it, then warmup Plague or Famine, follow up Drain Soul and then start a kite. In a team fight Desapir could limit the other teams Magic burst for a short time.

All in all, Necro should keep Despair IMO.

Jupiter suggestion was just to change it because people can use OptiFine to ignore the blindness effect.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Balance wise, should a damage mage have such a strong CC skill?
I agree Necro is in a very Strong Spot At the Moment but Optifine gives an un fair advantage when not all of us use it and makes this skill basically worthless besides the silence, Nausea and Silence would be good IMO

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I know its off topic, but why does it feel that this should be a DK skill instead?

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I know its off topic, bu why does it feel that this should be a DK skill instead?
Because Necro is Op as Fuck and Dreadknight Has like a few very Strong skills but those should be nerfed and it should be given more skills