• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Name Glitch (Towny)

I joined a town called "Kuronis" feel free to hit us up :). And ever since I joined this god forsaken town , my name has been in bold, and now that my name is in bold my friends only see HolyGodSlaye when they stand next to me but my name is HolyGodSlayer and due to that bug my friends or so I call them, cannot see my skin anymore, and every since they stopped being able to see my skin I have gotten bullied relentlessly on skype and all I want is my friends back please help me, my life is falling apart. My supposed friend Jarrell45 took a picture of me right before commenting how ugly I was. Here is the picture and although I am ashamed I must admit I am completely hideous. "Why did you make me this way god?" Please help me fix myself I dont know what to do anymore. :(

Attachments

• 2014-03-04_19.46.33.png
    2014-03-04_19.46.33.png
    714.3 KB · Views: 24

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This is not a towny bug as we do not use towny. The township plugin we use is completely custom.

Your name is showing up shorter due to how long your name is, and the fact that in order to make your name green to your town mates, two characters must be added to the front of it. This causes your in game name to not display the last one or two characters of your name, and it cannot find your proper skin because it looks for the shorter name.

There isn't really anything that can be done about this at the moment from what I know.

RagingDragon5

Portal
It would seem that in Haven long names will be cut off and the players skin will be changed to default Steve. However, in the Hub the names don't cut off and the skin isn't default anymore.

@Kainzo @Danda 2014-03-06_01.16.56.png2014-03-06_01.59.06.png

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
The reason why the names are cut off are because they are in bold because they are in town. I guess we can keep the colour green and scrap the bold letters.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
This is due to town citizens names being bold and coloured. This uses four extra characters in a players name when only 16 are allowed to be displayed. It 'displays' the four characters needed to bold and colour the name, and will cut off any extra characters.

Minecraft then cannot find the skin for the player name WitchOnARamp, so it shows up as default.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The reason why the names are cut off are because they are in bold because they are in town. I guess we can keep the colour green and scrap the bold letters.
The name colouring also adds characters and will still have the same result.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
This is a bug due to the bold name text not normaly being usable, thus doesn't interact well with the minecraft client. This is Mojangs problem now -.-

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This is not a towny bug as we do not use towny. The township plugin we use is completely custom.

Your name is showing up shorter due to how long your name is, and the fact that in order to make your name green to your town mates, two characters must be added to the front of it. This causes your in game name to not display the last one or two characters of your name, and it cannot find your proper skin because it looks for the shorter name.

There isn't really anything that can be done about this at the moment from what I know.
Green and bold* which adds four* characters.
Also, if your "friends" are bullying you over your apparent lack of a skin, get better friends.