• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Name above head should show township affiliation

sinephase

Air
I saw some townships are going to war and realized that even though you can find out who is part of what township, it'll be hard to know who you're enemies with.

I suggest either changing the color of the name above people's heads to denote what township you're part of (each township would be assigned a color) or have it something like enemies have red names, neutral have light grey names, and allies have green names.
Unless there's already something like that I'm unaware of, it'd be really helpful to implement something like this :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Currently impossible to implement without severely editing the server.jar and the client. Though it would be something we want to do.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Now that is a good idea shadow. I have found many people in the wild and wondered what town they were so I could kill em. Its not fun to run up to kin trying to bash their head in with a diamond sword to find out you can't kill them.

sinephase

Air
shdwdrake8 said:
Simple alternative... /who command. Gives their town affiliation etc.

/who shdwdrake8

"Shdwdrake8 is a citizen of Blasphemy."

* types /who littlegreenman89
oh crap we run the same speed and I'll never catch him now, shux

@kainzo - that's too bad, it sounded simpler than it is I guess. Is there a way to easily change your minecraft name and just add a tag onto it? Would be an easy work around to make it a rule that you add town tag to your name if you're part of a town if possible :)

Ravebear

Air
Instead of colored names I would suggest to have a short 2 letter tag in front of their name, as there are only so many colors to use. Although I think this won't be very easy to implement if the colors were not.

Shdwdrakes idea was a very good one, I've always wanted to do that but it would have to be part of a citizen plugin for it to get the citizen information.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
I like Ravebear's suggestion, maybe the same way mayors, architects, dukes and the such have prefixes, everyone can have a prefix relating to their town (town /ch abbreviation maybe)

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Keep in mind that, at the moment, name prefixes (like mayor, proctor, etc) show up in chat only, and not above heads.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
Doreagarde said:
Keep in mind that, at the moment, name prefixes (like mayor, proctor, etc) show up in chat only, and not above heads.

Ah... I should have remembered that... *Headdesk*

Abyss

Air
I'd like to point out that while being able to immediately know someone's affiliation is nice, this is a hardcore server. I can see the incredible usefulness of not knowing who someone is actually with. Blasphemy could easily (god, I'm giving them ideas) send out spies into unknowing towns.

In fact, I know someone that wandered into an enemies territory, and because they didn't know his affiliation, he was able to run around freely in their towns because they assumed he was allied. Little did they know, he was an enemy amongst them.

I like both being able to see it, and not knowing. They both have their pros and cons.

Kaliven

Gold
Abyss said:
Blasphemy could easily (god, I'm giving them ideas) send out spies into unknowing towns.

You assume I don't, I had people on other towns =P I used to have people on several /citizen lists.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Kaliven is sneaky like that. But this has been discussed a bit between Kainzo and myself and others. We certainly would like to see it, and the /who command is also a good idea. But kind of hard since it would be two different plugins in one... :)