• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mystic, a revision or maybe a replacement?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Been talking with some of the Visidian members and balance talks came up. So Mystic is the topic and we tossed ideas back and forth until we came up with something slightly decent of an idea.

I have not thought about any numbers, math is not my thing, if you wanna help balance the numbers, I will add them up in here:
First off is Rejuvenate, the basic healing over time spell. This is already in HC and should be tossed up as a Mystics primary heal.
Next is an AoE Rejuvenate, but with a kick. Have it aoe knock back enemies. (Maybe even bring allies closer?) Decent cool down as well.
(If possible) A shield that can block damage on a single target or oneself.
Maybe give them smite (?)
Remove root, the knockback should suffice for cc.
Give them a hefty heal that works off of a 2.5 second warmup/45 second cooldown. Make it worth the time.
Scratch bolt, its ugly. Same for Pray. Instead give them an earth based damage strike (Maybe like Earth bolt? Similar to fireball) that can heal or damage depending on the target? (This also can be the equivalent to Cleric's Ampul)
Revive is fine, Camouflage is fine, Forage and Gills are NOT combat skills, why are they there?
Replenish and Port work well, but not sure about Chant.

I tossed out the idea of a "Lightwell" like skill, where the Mystic summons a temporary health restoring beacon to heal allies.

Basically, my concern for this class is mostly the insight of other healers. We do not need another damage healer hybrid, Disc and BM have that covered. So what's left? Well I think support healers are non-existent to the healer path. Sure Clerics get might, but look at Bard. Why not give Mystics some buffs too?

Ideas of these are:
Shields
HP increase (Limited time)
Maybe might
Mana increase (Limited time)
And the obvious HoTs and other buffs that have existed from before.

I hope people can get behind these ideas and maybe even some healer insight! Just keep in mind this is just a group of suggestions I'm voicing, this is not an attempt to force a change.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Well they really aren't a "combat" spec imo. They are more of a support/utility class and those skills fall under utility.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I tossed out the idea of a "Lightwell" like skill, where the Mystic summons a temporary health restoring beacon to heal allies.