• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion My thoughts on samurai.

In another thread Kainzo mentioned samurai and overhaul in a way that made me think they might get one. When I asked him about it he said that shaman was getting an overhaul but didn't mention samurai.

Currently samurai seems like an interesting idea but I don't think it turned out as good. Samurais don't have to worry about the durability usage mechanic with their skills because they can just bring some stone swords and use those for the abilities that consume durability and then switch back to a diamond sword. In this regard consuming durability is pointless and in my opinion dosn't help the class.

If it were changed somehow to only be usable with one weapon; however, the abilities would have to be worth the cost. Right now some people are complaining about some of the skills being too strong. One example was the heal being too strong, but if you had to consume the durability of your weapon to cast a skill then it should be stronger then other classes who just have to worry about mana or stamina. Although currently with being able to switch to a stone sword to take the 20% durability loss and then going back to diamond makes them really strong compared to other classes.

So my suggestion is to either somehow make the durability consuming skills be a heavy tax on your sword but strong and only work on one sword or remove the durability consumption and adjust skills accordingly.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
If we ever get abilities ON weapons I think skills that consume the weapon would be a cool idea.
Granted, having ONLY Samurai use them at that point would be a waste. (Just look at Fire Emblem magic logic)