• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My first signature

4dragonking

Stone
I recently created this signature and I was wondering if I could get some input, constructive criticism is appreciated. I am not totally satisfied with how it turned out but I can't figure out what aspects need changing and how so if you could point out what needs to be changed, I would appreciate it greatly.
2w3s36a.gif

Thanks for taking the time to look at the artwork of a photoshop noob,
4dragonking

You want to make everything "pop" out. Try adding a glow to your character to make them stand out more. I like the text effect and particles though.

4dragonking

Stone
So you would recommend something more like this?
1zm2tlh.gif

Hmm, it certainly pops out more now and the lack of anti-aliasing is less obvious but I don't really know what to think of it. Maybe there are some other changes I could make in addition to the glow but I am having trouble deciding what to do with it.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
This is really nice, but the text is definitely still too much in the background. Perhaps use a slightly lighter background, use the emboss tool, or add a glow to the text, and remove it from the player, as he stands out enough as it is. :)

EDIT: If possible, use emboss on the shield, if you want to make it more significant, at the moment it looks like graffiti on the wall. (If that is what you are going for, then well done :p)

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
Lovely use of particles and texture there.
Only thing I could recommend is improving readability by adding a dull-color glow around the text, such as a dark grey or even white. Ask me if you need the Official Herocraft Shield (The one that is seen at the top of the page) but other than that, brilliant!

Yeah I think your second one is a bit better, and like you say it hides the little white lines around the render.

4dragonking

Stone
Thanks for all of the input, here is a revised version taking into consideration all of your input. I added an emboss effect to the shield to help it stand out and a red glow to the text to make it more in the foreground.
vwvmll.gif

Ask me if you need the Official Herocraft Shield (The one that is seen at the top of the page) but other than that, brilliant!
The official Herocraft shield would be great, the one I have at the moment does not look quite as nice.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Lovely use of particles and texture there.
Only thing I could recommend is improving readability by adding a dull-color glow around the text, such as a dark grey or even white. Ask me if you need the Official Herocraft Shield (The one that is seen at the top of the page) but other than that, brilliant!
pro here

4dragonking

Stone
How did you get a picture of you character like that?
To capture that image, I used the Screenshot function of Nova Skin Edit after posing my character, then copied the image into Photoshop. After importing it into Photoshop, I just used the magic wand tool to select the white background and deleted it.

4dragonking

Stone
Using the official shield, I now have 2 different signature options that I like, please let me know what you think:
I have this version with the more faded shield
fnqwcz.gif

or more obvious but still not overbearing:
6z594j.gif

Thanks again for taking a look at my stuff,
4dragonking

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
These latest two signatures are just amazing! The second one (more obvious shield) is the best :)

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Pretty cool looking, my only criticism is that the text is a little bit hard to read.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Any suggestions, I tried changing the glow intensity but that did not have the desired effect.
Everyone else seems to like it so you might just leave it. It might be the font itself that is hard to read, but maybe it's just my eyesight.

kongrave

Portal
Might want the glow/stroke around the text to be a lighter color. And personally I prefer smaller signatures with less text focus.