• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Music Disc and Jukebox Doing the Same Damage

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I don't really have a great reason for this, but I would like to see a bard's jukebox do the same damage as a music disc. I mean, although the jukebox can be placed, it is still harder to get. And placing it shouldn't be a big deal, because if someone binds something to it, they have to left click to use it anyways. I have no idea why, I just liked hitting people with a jukebox more than hitting them with a music disc.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree. I wasn't a bard for very long, but I can say that I would probably still be one if there was something cooler that I could hit players with. I mean, music discs don't even require materials to make.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I find Bards to currently do a decent melee damage in addition to their support.

I know their AoEs are being reworked, but until they are I do not see a need for bards to be able to hit harder than they currently do.

That being said, since a jukebox requires more materials than a dragoon's lance(diamond shovel) to be created, I think that they should do the same damage as discs.

What I would LOVE to see is if a bard has a Jukebox equipped, the melee damage reduction stays but their Songs have 1-2 more block(s) of range. As if the fact that they have a musical instrument allows them to sing better. Would have to incorporate some kind of cooldown/resource cost between switching though, otherwise we would just end up increasing ranged skills and then when the bard melees they will switch to a disc.