• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion More particles for misc. skills

Ultanian

Portal
There is a lot of particles in the game, including unused like the footstep particle. It would be great if bleed type combat skills made the opponent squirt blood (redstone particles), tracking skills made footstep particles underneath the tracked player, etc. Most of runeblade's rune skills should have relevant particles surround them when using that skill, like Void Rune ( can't remember exact name names of skills) can use enderman particles and fire runes could use the flame particles.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I don't know all the exact mechanics but I would think that the addition of more particles may also increase lag. If so I think that this would not be such a great idea. We have enough lag issues as it stands.

Ultanian

Portal
I don't know all the exact mechanics but I would think that the addition of more particles may also increase lag. If so I think that this would not be such a great idea. We have enough lag issues as it stands.
These particles are essentially the same thing as using fireworks for skills, I'm curious, how would this make more lag? And if you are talking about FPS lag, you can just change to minimal or decreased particles.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe tracking is based on the person's current position, not tracing the route they took to get there. It would take an insane amount of resources for the server to track where everybody has gone.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
These particles are essentially the same thing as using fireworks for skills, I'm curious, how would this make more lag? And if you are talking about FPS lag, you can just change to minimal or decreased particles.

That would work for FPS lag yes, but I was thinking more along the lines of the server processing additional lines of code to output said particles. Again this could be nothing noticeable really, I don't really know, I was just thinking about the additional processing needed for it. If it does make a difference, it could add up quickly depending on the number of people using skills all at once in a given area, much like how a large quantity of mobs in a small area can cause a bit of lag. A lot of this would be totally dependent on the hardware capabilities.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
we will be adding more particles - this wont increase server-side lag. It's possible for it to increase video lag on older machines.