• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Monster coin drops

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Last map killing a monster gave about 1-2 coins. I liked that, and it made mob hunting give something else than just exp. Then it was changed to gold nugget drops, and now about every 10th monster I kill gives 1 gold nugget, that I need to turn into a gold ingot to sell at DHX. Making monsters drop gold nuggets instead of coins took away all the money gaining from it, and its just a pretty useless feature now. I just spent 3 nights (about 1 hour) in killing a ton of mobs, and all I got was 8 gold nuggets. Could the money drop be brought back? If not, would it be possible to at least make gold nuggets have a 100% chance of being dropped?

macura

Diamond
I actually like how mobs drop gold nuggets because i think it encourages pvp. Most people who are running around, even if they arn't leveling, carry around 5-15 gold nuggets on them. This makes the loot from pvp a lot better especially if you kill a caster spec because all you get from them is some leather, reagents and maybe a diamond hoe.

Personally i don't think that getting coins from killing mobs should come back but i do think that a higher % chance of dropping a gold nugget would be cool. Maybe not 100%, just a decent amount higher than what it is at currently. It would make leveling far more fun and give you the possibility to make the money back, that you used to become the class that you are leveling.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The % for gold nugget drop and for coin drops are the same. We may be able to buff them - the reason why you see them "lower" is because mobs can / will drop other things and that could take up the nugget drop.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
The % for gold nugget drop and for coin drops are the same. We may be able to buff them - the reason why you see them "lower" is because mobs can / will drop other things and that could take up the nugget drop.
That is actually quite interesting, do you think that you can stop the other items from taking up drops? So make the proirity of the drops be gold then the item.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
That is actually quite interesting, do you think that you can stop the other items from taking up drops? So make the proirity of the drops be gold then the item.
But then people would complain about the other drops not dropping enough, because in minecraft most of the drops are useful but in HC all of them are. Regents and things.