• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

MOD suggestions, improvements

McGreed

TNT
Thought I would make a thread for server mods we would like was on herocraft, and I'll start out with these:

• Edit Signs (so we can edit text on signs without having to remove and reenter the whole text again. Would be helpful for signs that changes often, maybe like for shops to display prices. I know a mod did make it so you could even add colors to the the text on signs.)
  • Proper blocks from mining (When mining blocks like double-halfsteps and stairs, you get a double-halfstep instead of a halfstep. In general it would be good to have those, since they can be placed without destroying blocks above them)
  • PvP message notice when leaving/entering PvP zones.

kurugi

Legacy Supporter 5
if you want double halfsteps, make a [bridge] of them manually and then open it so they go in the chest.

ZELLIS

Banned
In the Chat++ mod, the dev could add something that would display X when someone types /ch X so there would be no more forgetting what channel you're in.

McGreed

TNT
kurugi said:
if you want double halfsteps, make a [bridge] of them manually and then open it so they go in the chest.

Yeah, thats an solution for getting them, but you still lose a lot of materials when you mine them again, if you place them wrong or need to more them.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
ZELLIS said:
In the Chat++ mod, the dev could add something that would display X when someone types /ch X so there would be no more forgetting what channel you're in.

Not a bad idea at all. Already asked him to change text color to red when you're over the character limit. And he's done it. So if there is a way for the mod to read what channel you're in, it shouldn't be hard to - say for example - change color accordingly. Will keep you updated.

McGreed

TNT
Yeah, it would be nice (and thanks about the red, helps figuring out when it cuts a word in half). It would be nice if you could see something like T:> or HELP:> before the cursor when you press T, so you know if you are in Trade or General.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Could we use the citizen mod to automatically form groups for use with Realms?

You could just set permissions to [Town Name] for a zone, and all your citizens would be added to the list. Super handy.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
Some of the useful citizenship mods don't work. (I dont think the citizen check mod works). Also for citizenship mod, /citizen list should tell you the number as well as list the names

I like McGreed's edit signs idea.

Also some usefulness for saddles would be nice (I think there is already a mod for that)