• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mob Arena

Should a Mob Arena be added to the server?

• Total voters

Isaaclite

TNT
Hey guys, I haven't been on the server for a while since I've been kinda busy. Glad to see that the server is still going strong :).
Anyway, that isn't what I came here to talk about. I came here to suggest that there be a Mob Arena(s) on the PvE server. I mean, it seems pretty fitting for an RPG server like this. I believe that I heard from someone that there used to be a mob arena on this server loooong time ago. If so, I say bring it back, if not, I say add it!

Purpose of a MA:
The purpose of having a MA would be to have fun, and earn small rewards (but it shouldn't be something that players can grind off of/abuse for souls and exp)

What Will it Be Like?:
First off MA(s) should be relatively large in size. Each mob arena should have a an elaborate design with a high ground for casters and rangers (and other ranged). There should be two types of Mob Arenas. One for players lvls 10-35 (combat classes), and one for players lvls 36-65. The mob arena for the lower level players will have fewer mobs, weaker mobs, and about 30 waves of mobs. The mob arena for higher levels will have more mobs, stronger mobs, and about 40 waves, as well as slightly better rewards. Mobs will increase in number and get stronger with the progression of the waves. (for example, wave 5 may have like 3 zombies and a skeleton, whereas wave 25 may have 10 armored zombies and some blazes).

Specifics:
  • Up to 10 people per mob arena
  • Players are given items in the beginning based on their combat class
  • Each combat class has a set number of potions in the beginning needed for the arena (like fire resistance, and health II, etc)
  • The number of mobs for each wave, are proportionate to the number of players in the arena
  • Each mob killed within the arena only gives 1-5 exp
  • There will be a mini boss every 10 waves, and a final boss after the final wave
  • There will be an arena shop, where players can use arena points (maybe arena points could be like gold nuggets that killed mobs drop), in order to get heals, potions, replenish armor, weapons, etc.
  • One life per person, you die, you're out, but other players continue on.
  • At the end of the arena (whether it be the arena is beaten, or the players lose halfway through), players lose all the items they had in the arena, but may be given small rewards depending on how far they made it.
  • Players not participating can spectate
  • Maybe supporters of the server can get small boosts in the arena
Thank You For Reading Through!
Please add a comment below saying why you like this idea, why you don't, why this would work, why this wouldn't work, etc.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Hey guys, I haven't been on the server for a while since I've been kinda busy. Glad to see that the server is still going strong :).
Anyway, that isn't what I came here to talk about. I came here to suggest that there be a Mob Arena(s) on the PvE server. I mean, it seems pretty fitting for an RPG server like this. I believe that I heard from someone that there used to be a mob arena on this server loooong time ago. If so, I say bring it back, if not, I say add it!

Purpose of a MA:
The purpose of having a MA would be to have fun, and earn small rewards (but it shouldn't be something that players can grind off of/abuse for souls and exp)

What Will it Be Like?:
First off MA(s) should be relatively large in size. Each mob arena should have a an elaborate design with a high ground for casters and rangers (and other ranged). There should be two types of Mob Arenas. One for players lvls 10-35 (combat classes), and one for players lvls 36-65. The mob arena for the lower level players will have fewer mobs, weaker mobs, and about 30 waves of mobs. The mob arena for higher levels will have more mobs, stronger mobs, and about 40 waves, as well as slightly better rewards. Mobs will increase in number and get stronger with the progression of the waves. (for example, wave 5 may have like 3 zombies and a skeleton, whereas wave 25 may have 10 armored zombies and some blazes).

Specifics:
  • Up to 10 people per mob arena
  • Players are given items in the beginning based on their combat class
  • Each combat class has a set number of potions in the beginning needed for the arena (like fire resistance, and health II, etc)
  • The number of mobs for each wave, are proportionate to the number of players in the arena
  • Each mob killed within the arena only gives 1-5 exp
  • There will be a mini boss every 10 waves, and a final boss after the final wave
  • There will be an arena shop, where players can use arena points (maybe arena points could be like gold nuggets that killed mobs drop), in order to get heals, potions, replenish armor, weapons, etc.
  • One life per person, you die, you're out, but other players continue on.
  • At the end of the arena (whether it be the arena is beaten, or the players lose halfway through), players lose all the items they had in the arena, but may be given small rewards depending on how far they made it.
  • Players not participating can spectate
  • Maybe supporters of the server can get small boosts in the arena
Thank You For Reading Through!
Please add a comment below saying why you like this idea, why you don't, why this would work, why this wouldn't work, etc.
I think that Mob arena's are getting added ( In the Adventure world ) as Dungeons. I think that this is a good idea, it would be hard to do it just as an arena, but its a great idea :D

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I like this idea, it's almost like the gladiatorial arenas of Ancient Rome!

Edit**perhaps we could also allow gambling on the outcomes of the battle?

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Would the arena shop always be open? I think it should only open after every 5 waves or so. Maybe after every mini-boss? Also arenas that change as you go are pretty cool. :D

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
mob arenas cause lots of lag, which we already have plenty of...
Then just have it in the Arena server with a separate portal like it is now. Use the same arena for MA (PVE) and PVP. Just alternate weekends between the events. An arena of any sort should have scheduled events like a playhouse or such so that spectators can make time to come watch. Perhaps make a new portal from both Haven and Shrine that goes there. Treat it like a special arena in a far off land that we must travel to in order to compete or spectate.