• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Minimum Butcher Warning Time

Nightroado

Obsidian
I ask that we have at least 10 minutes of warning time before animal butchers.

I had to spend hours mining out, building, and properly lighting a slice of rapture to make individual animal chunk farms.

Spent hours breeding this morning.

I was busy dealing with griefs I petitioned last night, port town members, answering some questions for a new guy we have who thinks you need to replant melons, and trying to get him to show me a chest he had stuff stolen from when "someone" shouts out "animal butcher in 3 min, restart in 5"

So I tell the new guy to hold on and dash for my looting sword, stopping to ask SOMEONE to wait for 5 min instead of 3. I get to the farms, get off a couple pulses and then /msg him again to wait just in case he missed the first /msg. Then all the cows died.

Point being I shouldn't have to be that hard-pressed to cull my animals. I would have culled them earlier but people needed me elsewhere and I don't think I should have to choose between culling cows and helping town members.

I would have made it in time normally but for SOME REASON my animals have to be divided into separate freaking chunks and it takes time to go around chunk to chunk!

I am so mad right now lol. Sorry for venting but g*d d**n.

Teerian

Gold
I hear you. Been in a similar situation myself in the past. I've pretty much given up on farming really. At least the animal aspect of it. It's barely worth all the effort to begin with. Complete waste of time when your work gets wiped.

Nightroado

Obsidian
Hear, hear! I am close to giving up on it, too, but I like being a farmer. If I have to give up on a class because of stuff like this though, then it kinda drives me away from the server altogether.

I put in my dues. I had to hollow out an unused slice of Rapture which had water blocks on top of it. Which means constantly breaking blocks, having water flow in, and stopping it just to repeat the cycle again. Then I measured out the chunks based on the shape of my borders. Then I had to construct each pen, light it, and the hallways outside of it. And only then I get to begin the tedious process of breeding at a slower ratedue to the breeding nerf. And all that effort, all that time and energy, just to have about 70% of the cows I bred butchered even though I did my best to get there as quickly as possible -and- asked twice beforehand that they hold on long enough for me to butcher.

But I don't think all that hard work is felt from the other side of the fence. It feels like it has been brushed off as an "oh well" and that just kills my motivation. It makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and move on, ironically brushing off the server as an "oh well" myself.

But I want to make it work though. I really do. I spent 40 minutes trying to keep track of cow generations in my head just to properly express dire situation of the breeding nerf situation, which was thankfully attended to some degree. If I didn't care, if I didn't want it to work, I wouldn't be posting on here. So even though I come across as complainting at times, it's because I am defending the class I enjoy against these class-killing actions that do more harm to farmers than I think is realized by those that do them.

Sure, I get angry, we all do, but I hold nothing personal against it. I realize that it is done in pursuit of less latency, that we farmers are able to literally generate lag. But that's also why I am here, saying "Hey. You're not nerfing, you're killing us. Please stop!" :p

I hope that makes some sort of sense, I always seem to have a hard time properly conveying my feelings and logic into posts. I also hope farmers will receive a workable time to handle their animals in advance. Three minutes is just way too short to get the job done.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I think that there should new an alert for butcher, as roado said, I think ten minutes would be enough. I could only imagine the frustration these poor farmers are feeling.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Animal butchers are not run on a schedule. I'm hoping to not have to do them more often than we have to heh..
we'll try to give at least 10 mins in the future.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I think that there should new an alert for butcher, as roado said, I think ten minutes would be enough. I could only imagine the frustration these poor farmers are feeling.
Yeah it has to be worse the new ones who don't know why their cows are too nervous to get their freak on or why they all SUDDENLY die because they don't know about animal butchers.

Last night I sold some sheep and cow summonings to people and tried to warn them, but neither person really understood it. One time Kainzo did a butcher 5 minutes after I summoned this solo player who had a quaint house and a sheep pen right in his front yard. I felt bad for the guy. He had no idea what was going to happen.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I had an idea, instead of spawning cows, would it be feasible to spawn egg sinstead? Would be easier for farmers to sell spawns and such. Could Eba nice change.