• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Merchant's Level 50 Skill [Gift]

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
I have recently got to level 50 Merchant and realised that the skill 'Gift' isn't as good as i thought it was. I thought gift was that you could do /skill Gift <Playername> and it would send the target the thing you was holding. When i got the skill i noticed that it does the exact same job as the trade plugin does and has little use.

I think you should make it so you can gift other players an item or stack of something if they are in the party. I think you should be able to use it without a radius so you can send items across the map but with a big cool down (like 15-30 minutes).

The skill gift is technically useless simply because of the trade plugin that allowed you and the other person to trade money and items, Doing this suggestion should make the gift skill unique and useful and not a useless skill that i would never use because of the trade plugin. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your time,
Ultimate

F

~Falker57~

Wow really? Now I have no use to lvl up my merchant. Thanks for posting this lol I thought gift was the same thing as what you thought.

Hey, it's a non-merchant here. Gift really needs a buff from what you're saying. It should be able to gift any item from around the map and merchants could be more appealing. Non-merchant out!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Agreed. Since Gift isn't anything useful with the addition of the trading plugin, literally the only thing Merchants have going for them is their shops. Even Miner has multiple exclusive skills.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed, ult went merchant for gift the description doesn't specify that they have to be in line of sight so he has expecting to be able to gift a item to someone from over the world which seemed to be very usefull :D

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
As far as I am aware, from what I had heard from Kainzo, is that its intent was to be able to be used across the map but it is bugged.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I remember 0xthoth getting gift. The time it took to cast and the range, u could easily have just walked it and toss the item. definatly could use a massive boost in range.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Gift has serious exploits with the "global" send ability. We are opting to use an in-game mailing system for Merchants - this hasn't come to life just yet.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Using Ender Chests, maybe? Post stations would be really a cool thing. Something to put on the "town essentials" list, below Town Hall but above Absurdly Large Farms.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
So Merchant only got their chestshops, but every other proffession can use some chestshops aswell, so imo Merchant is pretty much a waste of time to level as Diamonds and redstone can be sold at level 24.