• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Medals drop from Boss Mobs, Symbols rewarded from Conquest

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
If Conquest granted Acquisition instead of Vengeance, and Boss mobs granted Vengeance instead of Acquisition...

Then we would increase transactions and/or all types of players would have an incentive to try all types of play.

If PvE objectives grant PvP rewards while PvP objectives grant PvE rewards, either trade chat will be busier or players will branch out into the new objective type to gain the desired rewards, or both.
Mining would still have a %chance to drop Symbols, and Player kills would still have a %chance to drop medals.

Last edited:

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Or just keep PvP on PvP and PvE on PvE? Wouldn't it make more sense that you would have to "battle" your way through conquest to get better PvP gear? Then kill boss mobs to get better tools/pick axes? All this does is put PvPers on PvE and PvEers on PvP, for the PvPers that just means you will be killing a bunch of people who don't PvP much, I'm sure most people on PvP can agree that it's nice to have a challenge every once in a while. Not sure what that means for PvE though, considering it already has a majority of what used to be people who PvPed.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
All this does is put PvPers on PvE and PvEers on PvP..... Not sure what that means for PvE though, considering it already has a majority of what used to be people who PvPed.
Yes, it would encourage people who are on PvE to return to PvP occasionally, and it would encourage PvPers to fight boss mobs too.
As Conquest currently stands, it needs a kick in the ass to return to a viable pvp hotspot.

• We do not know how Boss mobs are going to be, or even if they are coming soon enough to make this an appropriate time for the discussion.

• We do not know what incentives are going to be offered for Boss mobs, but for purposes of discussion I expect they will be available with a reasonably comparable timetable and loot-table to Conquest.

Boss mobs should be attempted at level 65 only, just like most PvP.

Leveling is fun as long as it is novel, but we need max level activities to make things stay fun, and to encourage us to try different classes once we are experts at our current class.

HotFix for Conquest pvp because boss mobs aren't ready:
Make Medals drop less from players, and make medals drop more from Conquest.
Thoughts?

TL : DR This suggestion will increase incentives for max level activities and increase incentives for people to play on both worlds. This suggestion will have to wait for Boss Mobs to come out in order to be possible.

Avoir

Obsidian
TBH, I think this suggestion ruins the purpose of conquest, PVPers capture the points for contested pvp but also for the medals so that they can get their gladiator weapons.

This suggestion goes against the whole point of conquest, I go on the pvp server for pvp not to grind monsters, there's a reason why we have two separate servers.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
This suggestion goes against the whole point of conquest, I go on the pvp server for pvp not to grind monsters, there's a reason why we have two separate servers.
Yes, but our community currently isnt large enough to support the quality of gameplay we all have come to know and love on two maps, unless we offer incentives to integrate.

edit: I am not saying that the community will not grow, nor am I saying that it was even affected by the old trolly pvp groups ragequitting. Just that we need to realize that when we spread out through multiple maps for effectively the first time in our history, there will be growing pains.

Last edited:

Avoir

Obsidian
Yes, but our community currently isnt large enough to support the quality of gameplay we all have come to know and love on two maps, unless we offer incentives to integrate.
The community will always come back to life and grow.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5

edit: I am not saying that the community will not grow, nor am I saying that it was even affected by the old trolly pvp groups ragequitting. Just that we need to realize that when we spread out through multiple maps for effectively the first time in our history, there will be growing pains.
Just stop, this idea is terrible. Why would I even go to conquest points?? I don't need looting swords or fortune picks. A lot of us players also don't believe on relying on trade chat for their shit. I earn everything I have.