• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Mason Bugs

Hidden Switches - I am not getting a message that I am creating a hidden switch. I am putting a [x] or [X] on the second line of the sign above a lever. Right clicking any facing side of the block with the sign on it does not change the levers truth state.

Doors - I have noticed regardless of width it requires there to be at least 3 width of the same block type to attempt to be used. This does work with Bridges as I am suggesting it should

If we want the door to be a width of 1 or 2 we must have 3 wide of the same block type. When the sign is pressed it honors the width parameters of 1 or 2.

Ex.
O X O
O X O
O X O

1. I want to make this door a 1 width door with a height of 3.

2. Because of the logic in the new code, it performs a check that all material 1 to the left and 1 to the right as well as the height between the signs are all of one block type. I believe it should probably set up its block type checking based on the 3rd and 4th line of the door sign to determine the width of the checking.

3. As per the image above if I want to just move the X's Then the X's and O's must all be of the same type however the door will only remove the X's as intended.

Gates - As per, herocraft and craftbook wiki instructions on gates, a 101 (iron fence data value) on the third line will only use iron fences for the gate. As of right now any allowed materials near the sign will be toggled regardless of the third line. Maybe a change in code to check for a string on the 3rd line for a data value and then see if that data value is allowed then only look for valid materials when deciding which gates to toggle. This will allow practicable iron gates with wood fence aesthetics.

Bridges - I have not found any issues yet. Except for that troll living under them asking me about swallows.

Would it also be possible to get an updated list of what materials/data values are valid for doors, bridges, and gates?

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Doors are screwy and hidden switches have never worked since I was a mason all last map.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I wonder if masons could ever get a building skill that would let you make walls like you can in MC edit but you would need all the materials in your invintory to use the skill...

Well on the last map the majority of the time we were using BetterMechanics which is based on Craftbook but just crappier imho. When we were on Craftbook on Zeal switches worked, but I never had hidden switch on the last map before we switched plug ins.