• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Making it cost money to skirmish

macura

Diamond
I think that you should have to pay in order to skirmish. Maybe 3-5c. I think the skirmishes are destroying pvp atm, because instead of going out to raid people just do skirmishes because there is no risk in doing them.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I wouldn't really say that; sorry, I gotta disagree with you on this one. Skirmishes are more of an outlet for pvpers, there is still plenty of normal pvp from my point of view.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Maybe you have to a certain area to skirmish. Perhaps high tiered leveled towns would have a tele there.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Whats the idea in normal PVP if you cant train to fight in a safe way? Does it feel annoying to not be able to destroy everyone 24/7?

c12095

Holy Shit!
I kinda like this idea, not only is it a money sink, but it also gives people something to look forward to once they play a little longer on the server. I've seen far too many level 10 paths entering the skirmishes and I feel that this would be a good addition for the arenas.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have to disagree. Many players don't get to participate in PVP in any regular fashion and should be allowed to test their skills or take a break from the normal process, and the skirmish is a perfect outlet.

Finding PVP fights as a solo player is often very rare and tedious. I have know many players to get mastered only to get bored because they either had to wait for a group to try to find PVP or run around randomly paying a ranger for tracks trying to find someone to kill.
As the leader of a large group of player I find the skirmish is mostly used as a filler(myself included.) As my members are doing their normal daily activities they are joining up on the skirmishes and having fun and then getting back to whatever they were doing. We still raid daily looking for over world fights but most of the time you will either not run into anyone or if you do the numbers will be heavily skewed in one direction or another. If you are raiding and the city you just ran all that way to has 1 or 2 less players then you they will just hide(usually for good reason.)

Food for thought,
Who is using arenas?

solo players - These players would not normally be participating in pvp unless they are being hunted down or paying (or playing) a ranger.

grouped players - If a group is joining the skirmishes does it mean they are playing less in the over world? Yes, they are most likely losing at least 3 minutes of time in the over world as they are running around raiding. I have not seen an instance where a group that would have normally went out and raided said "Lets not go raid, but instead lets sit around hoping to get a group skirmish!" Instead what happens is the group will join a skirmish while they are running around and then when they get near their targets if the skirmish has not happened they will leave it.

In short Skirmishes are GREAT fillers and GREAT for training but I have not seen them replace over world PVP at all.

I do vote yes for paid ranked skirmishes 10c per match or so seems fair. Good money sink for those mastered players with tons of cash wanting to enlarge their unit.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I kinda like this idea, not only is it a money sink, but it also gives people something to look forward to once they play a little longer on the server. I've seen far too many level 10 paths entering the skirmishes and I feel that this would be a good addition for the arenas.

I guess I don't understand why it's a problem if a new players wants to try their hand in a skirmish? What is it hurting for a level 10 path to try an arena fight?
I suppose he is wasting 1 minutes of your life, but that's about it. Any mastered spec should be able to dispatch a level 10 path within 1 or 2 minutes.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I disagree, the skirmish's are for people to train and learn, making people pay would make people stop using them imo.

I do think that the arena's should have some form of cooldown and also that you should be in a specific area like MA's last map. I think that instead of having a specific world for the arenas they should be distributed around the world(s). Creating more world PVP as people will most likely camp the arena's.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Yea I agree a server I knew had arenas and all people did was afk in there base and just go to the arena all day if it actually cost money then it would make people want to go and find pvp out in the actual world which is a lot more fun.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Just to let you know if you vote 6 times 6x3=18 you can go to the arena 6 times per day if it costs 3 coins each plus the extra money you make from trade or gold it is a good and easy way for money to be spent on the server. Some people don't know what to spend all their money on anymore *cough* C12 *cough* yea... Well anyway it's a good way to spend money on HC.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Just to let you know if you vote 6 times 6x3=18 you can go to the arena 6 times per day if it costs 3 coins each plus the extra money you make from trade or gold it is a good and easy way for money to be spent on the server. Some people don't know what to spend all their money on anymore *cough* C12 *cough* yea... Well anyway it's a good way to spend money on HC.

I disagree.
Adding a small fee to skirmishes would not stop any established player from just sitting there and skirmishing instead of raiding if that's what they wanted to do. It would only effect the newer players and the players trying to learn their classes. It adds nothing to the game and would not benefit anyone.
Now if you added a large fee then sure it would not only stop the new players from using the arenas but also would completely end any use of the arena's. No one is going to pay a large fee for a training match

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree.
Adding a small fee to skirmishes would not stop any established player from just sitting there and skirmishing instead of raiding if that's what they wanted to do. It would only effect the newer players and the players trying to learn their classes. It adds nothing to the game and would not benefit anyone.
Now if you added a large fee then sure it would not only stop the new players from using the arenas but also would completely end any use of the arena's. No one is going to pay a large fee for a training match

First off 3c isn't that much of a fee and it should be your choice to either find pvp or pay 3c for a match considering its very simple to get 3c

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Again it will only stop newer players from being able to join into PVP. It is not going to stop anyone else nor is it going to be a "money sink" for an established player. So again I ask to what benefit?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
First off 3c isn't that much of a fee and it should be your choice to either find pvp or pay 3c for a match considering its very simple to get 3c
Any kind of useless money loss is too much for me. And when you can just kill monsters for free, and even gain money from it, I would never use arena, but instead "camp my base" or something when mastered.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Any kind of useless money loss is too much for me. And when you can just kill monsters for free, and even gain money from it, I would never use arena, but instead "camp my base" or something when mastered.

So instead of actually finding the pvp you would rather wait for it to come to you

MajorasMask

Ungodly
So instead of actually finding the pvp you would rather wait for it to come to you

Yes. Believe it or not, people both use Skirmish and look for fights. Just the other day, LO was attacked by different groups of raiders, all of which probably use Skirmish in times when there arn't many people around. There is no need to put a price tag on Skirmish.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
To bad pvp has been affected greatly by skirmish when I was online 7-8 days ago I was raiding mineris and guess what they had 7 people in their base I waited at least 20 minutes and I realized all they were doing was skirmishing obviously arenas are having a bad effect on pvp.