• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make Ruins Lost Soul only

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Let's face it, PVP needs some help. Luckily, it will be getting the help it needs soon, but it doesn't mean that in the interim L65s should be preying upon Lost Souls who haven't even been whitelisted yet. It really is pathetic, honestly. It is creating frustration (as verified in Tour chat) to those just getting accimated to Herocraft, and ultimately it is deterring people from staying with HC. @Kainzo, allowing specialized classes into Ruins to r..., pillage, and plunder Lost Souls is simply bad for business (HC business).

Lost Souls are now PVP-ON from the get-go; let Ruins be a testing ground for their own low-level prowess. Let Ruins be a place for greylisted people to get accustomed to the game in a low-level PVP environment that is protected from those who can basically three-shot them. Let Ruins be a way for new members to decide whether HC is right for them in a quasi-Haven environment. Give the greylisters a fighting chance against each other so that they can actually have a good taste in their mouth and elect to become whitelisted with a positive Ruins experience. Get the L65 Rangers and Ninjas out of Ruins so that Tour chat isn't filled with "OMG you F-ing Noob Killer, you cheating X-Rayer, I hope you DIE, you Haxxor!" and instead Tour chat can be a place for "HC is awesome!"

Shrine will give them the protection they need once whitelisted, and it can be promoted as such. By making Ruins Lost Soul only, it will level the playing field, allow more parity, allow for greater wealth accumulation for low-level characters, and ultimately create a richer base from which greylisters can launch themselves into either Haven or Shrine.

Thank you,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Let's face it, PVP needs some help. Luckily, it will be getting the help it needs soon, but it doesn't mean that in the interim L65s should be preying upon Lost Souls who haven't even been whitelisted yet. It really is pathetic, honestly. It is creating frustration (as verified in Tour chat) to those just getting accimated to Herocraft, and ultimately it is deterring people from staying with HC. @Kainzo, allowing specialized classes into Ruins to r..., pillage, and plunder Lost Souls is simply bad for business (HC business).

Lost Souls are now PVP-ON from the get-go; let Ruins be a testing ground for their own low-level prowess. Let Ruins be a place for greylisted people to get accustomed to the game in a low-level PVP environment that is protected from those who can basically three-shot them. Let Ruins be a way for new members to decide whether HC is right for them in a quasi-Haven environment. Give the greylisters a fighting chance against each other so that they can actually have a good taste in their mouth and elect to become whitelisted with a positive Ruins experience. Get the L65 Rangers and Ninjas out of Ruins so that Tour chat isn't filled with "OMG you F-ing Noob Killer, you cheating X-Rayer, I hope you DIE, you Haxxor!" and instead Tour chat can be a place for "HC is awesome!"

Shrine will give them the protection they need once whitelisted, and it can be promoted as such. By making Ruins Lost Soul only, it will level the playing field, allow more parity, allow for greater wealth accumulation for low-level characters, and ultimately create a richer base from which greylisters can launch themselves into either Haven or Shrine.

Thank you,

-yav
Making Ruins lostsoul only is a bit different if its hooked up to the same database. The only real way to prevent specializations from going to this area is to have it greylist only - which semi defeats the purpose.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Making Ruins lostsoul only is a bit different if its hooked up to the same database. The only real way to prevent specializations from going to this area is to have it greylist only - which semi defeats the purpose.

In Bastion, we had the two distinct worlds (Greyson and Forelight) one for greylisters/starters getting their feet wet, and one as a resource world. I wonder if it would be possible to resegregate the two worlds so that there would be a safe spot for greylisters and a separate renewable resource world (with map resets below y=30 every couple months, e.g.) akin to the Bastion days.

This would remove the PVP hounding that the newbies are getting and still allow one of the purposes for Ruins to be intact through a separate resource world. It would also allow a more fluent flow from Ruins (if that was made a greylister world only) to the big choice of Haven or Shrine; and the resource world would be a "middle ground" location where Shriners could take their chance for full xp/loot at the risk of running into a Havener who wishes to do the same. PVP would be on, and griefing would be allowed, so it would be more of a dangerous place for some, and a less dangerous place for others.

Thanks for the reply :)

-yav

Super593

Glowstone
In Bastion, we had the two distinct worlds (Greyson and Forelight) one for greylisters/starters getting their feet wet, and one as a resource world. I wonder if it would be possible to resegregate the two worlds so that there would be a safe spot for greylisters and a separate renewable resource world (with map resets below y=30 every couple months, e.g.) akin to the Bastion days.

This would remove the PVP hounding that the newbies are getting and still allow one of the purposes for Ruins to be intact through a separate resource world. It would also allow a more fluent flow from Ruins (if that was made a greylister world only) to the big choice of Haven or Shrine; and the resource world would be a "middle ground" location where Shriners could take their chance for full xp/loot at the risk of running into a Havener who wishes to do the same. PVP would be on, and griefing would be allowed, so it would be more of a dangerous place for some, and a less dangerous place for others.

-yav

This could really work out pretty well actually.

I mean Shrine still has its debuffs and these worlds that would be created would be well suited for the people that would use them.

Just saying Shrine is for every lost soul kinda forces them to go into a barely inhabited PVE world with debuffs."Not stating that Yavool nor Kainzo said this"Kinda seen it in O chat n stuff.

RagingDragon5

Portal

-yav

I agree with this, but it shouldn't be high priority if they decide to do it.

Moralsk

Gold
I agree it's stupid that some level 65 ninja can waltz into ruins and rack up kills on greylisted lostsouls, but I don't agree with lost soul only. I'm fine with not being allowed to pvp lost souls in ruins but I still want to be able to go to ruins for mining purposes.

Well thats not fair! If u think beating up people (noobs-players that have not mastered yet) is the best solution for lost souls, then I would have been happy to hit you with pie. We (people who play herocraft before it updated) played on ruins (the wilds) and we are sticking to it no matter what! [-_-]