• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make leveling easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aburido_burrito

Leveling is too hard right now, it takes forever to find and kill mobs, I spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday and got 2 1/2 levels because no mobs spawn on the surface. Mob Arena should be returned for the time being or permanately. Most people master now use mob spawners or abused mob spawners at the beginning of the map when they gave full exp mobs.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I would like mob arenas back, but the exp with them should be different than the rest of the world. Gaining half a dozen levels a game was a bit ridiculous.

I still stand by my suggestion to make monsters mainly spawn on the surface at night. A mob arena would take a while to build, set up, and balance. My suggestion could be coded and implemented in a day or two.

A

Aburido_burrito

I would like mob arenas back, but the exp with them should be different than the rest of the world. Gaining half a dozen levels a game was a bit ridiculous.

I still stand by my suggestion to make monsters mainly spawn on the surface at night. A mob arena would take a while to build, set up, and balance. My suggestion could be coded and implemented in a day or two.
Actually all they do is world edit the ones from last map in and put the code in for it to work, it wouldn't take a long time

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Kainzo reduced the xp needed to master combat classes by a ton, the sole reason it's taking so long is because you spend a whole night finding 1-5 mobs.

As soon as the bukkit plugin causing mobs to be scarce is fixed, this problem will be fixed aswell.

Also, shush with the MAs, it allowed people to master a spec in 1-2 days, if it was reintroduced now it would take even less time to spec.

Oh yeah, did I mention quests? Kainzo is planning more, bigger and better quests.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Actually all they do is world edit the ones from last map in and put the code in for it to work, it wouldn't take a long time

They could but there's still the issue of people gaining 30+ levels a day. Not sure if the MA dev would do it, but it is possible to make mobs in MA give the same experience as they would from spawners.

A

Aburido_burrito

They could but there's still the issue of people gaining 30+ levels a day. Not sure if the MA dev would do it, but it is possible to make mobs in MA give the same experience as they would from spawners.
Yeah I think if mobs from the ma gave the same exp as spawner's it would be much faster to level because there would be actually mobs to kill

K

_KittyGotWet_

Levelling combat classes is taking way too long with the crappy spawn rate at the moment, noone can deny it.
Something needs to be done, I'd like it if MAs are the answer, as long exp earned gets a little nerfing. Hell, I'd even do the MA with no xp gain, that shit was fun, but that wouldn't fix the xp issue. Mobs in the wild definately need to give a little more xp, maybe to counter that you can raise xp lost when killed by mobs. On another note, spawner mobs need to yield even less xp when killed, sad bitches be grinding way too long on them.

S

ShizzDawgg

Yeah, leveling is absolutely terrible at the moment. Kainzo needs to either:
1) Increase mob exp by like x3 or x5.
or
2) Implement a few temporary mob arenas.
or
3) Increase mob spawn rates x10 at the cost of lag.
or
4) Butcher every 10 minutes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Exp required was reduced significantly than last map. We are still implementing quests / etc.

The only difference is there is no mob arena at the moment. People leveled from 0 to spec crafter in less than 3-4 days. I think its more than fine at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.