• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make farmer more desirable

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, after seeing a few threads about engineer. I looked into craft book to see what's actually possible with it. Well, I discovered there's a way to automate farming to an extent! This will include tilling, planting, harvesting ect. Giving this ability to farmer (to an extent) would greatly encourage players to choose it as well as give it something different and new. I'm not sure how this would conflict with the current engineer set up or if it should be gave to engineer insted but I would like to see this at least explored. Also, this would be a great time to add pipes. Thoughts?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Right, after seeing a few threads about engineer. I looked into craft book to see what's actually possible with it. Well, I discovered there's a way to automate farming to an extent! This will include tilling, planting, harvesting ect. Giving this ability to farmer (to an extent) would greatly encourage players to choose it as well as give it something different and new. I'm not sure how this would conflict with the current engineer set up or if it should be gave to engineer insted but I would like to see this at least explored. Also, this would be a great time to add pipes. Thoughts?
Pipes create a lot of entities which are one of the primary causes of lag I feel adding pipes is not a good idea especially since you can achieve almost the same results using hoppers & droppers

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Pipes create a lot of entities which are one of the primary causes of lag I feel adding pipes is not a good idea especially since you can achieve almost the same results using hoppers & droppers

Oh, I didn't realise they produce an entity. Well to be honest, that's a good enough reason to not add them then :(

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Farmer used to have much more 'value' than the other professions. It was due to leather. People were dependant on leather because before attributes there was only 2 armor choices for a good chunk of classes; leather, and gold (only a small group of people used gold armor due to the fact that it was worth 9s/ingot at the time). Farmers were a necessity if you wanted to armor your team, they could also sell leather for a good amount of money (people always needed it). And since you dropped your armor when you died people would always need another set

I feel as though you could bring back some value in farmer if you 'limit' what a class can wear. For example, Wizard can only wear up to full leather (but then this wouldn't go well with attributes and armor weight)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Farmer used to have much more 'value' than the other professions. It was due to leather. People were dependant on leather because before attributes there was only 2 armor choices for a good chunk of classes; leather, and gold (only a small group of people used gold armor due to the fact that it was worth 9s/ingot at the time). Farmers were a necessity if you wanted to armor your team, they could also sell leather for a good amount of money (people always needed it). And since you dropped your armor when you died people would always need another set

I feel as though you could bring back some value in farmer if you 'limit' what a class can wear. For example, Wizard can only wear up to full leather (but then this wouldn't go well with attributes and armor weight)
I agree with you... I dont think anyone wears leather, which is bad. We may be changing and restricting the higher end armor to the classes we feel shouldnt get this.

When custom items hit, there will be class-based restriction on the gear that drops (more than likely)