• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mailbox System

GoofyyGhoul

Legacy Supporter 4
Last night as i was getting off and thinking since i am now currently a level 40 smith, i was thinking of a safe way to enchant items and repair items for townies if say they are not online at the time. I thought, what if there was a plugin to where you engineers could set up a "mailbox" for each player so to speak? Like say someone needed something enchanted or repaired, You could put it in your mailbox outside your house and when you place it in there, have a command that would let you send it to the designated player in town in which you wish for them to recieve it. And say it worked kind of like putting a postage stamp on your "package". Whenever you go to send it, it takes out souls in order to go through? Just thought it would be a cool idea. Any feedback?

~ [Elder]adioshoes78
Town of Solitude

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps "seal" the item in an enderchest (like the loot crates) for a certain soul cost (dependent on the item(s) perhaps?). You could then address it to another player with a mailbox somehow, and they can check their mailbox to receive the crate, and then open it, and repair, reseal, and ship it back.

EDIT: We should also restrict it to one mailbox per person, and have a soul cost to create a mailbox. Otherwise, people will drop these down wherever and have somebody at town ship them supplies. This system could also be used between towns, and have a town mailbox.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
So like a donation chest that teleports items across the map?

If that is the case, I feel this will get abused just for sending items to people

But please correct me if I am wrong

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah restrict it to within town and perhaps maybe an official town mailbox to send soul items between towns, just an idea.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
I still feel it is basically a donation chest, but yet another plugin.

I am prob not understanding it fully, but from what I am gathering it is basically, like I said, a donation chest

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I still feel it is basically a donation chest, but yet another plugin.

I am prob not understanding it fully, but from what I am gathering it is basically, like I said, a donation chest
Yes but honestly my main point is a mailbox between towns for soul items, not just town members.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Mabye make it a part of the plugin for the shops, make this a donation chest that is a ender chest that is universal for all town members (possibly take the skill away from the merchant and make it simply this.

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Mabye make it a part of the plugin for the shops, make this a donation chest that is a ender chest that is universal for all town members (possibly take the skill away from the merchant and make it simply this.
The reason I would say this is bad is because townies could grab things meant specifically for town owners.

Edit: perhaps some perm a town owner can set to give a member perms?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Really do like this idea, I'm guessing it would be limited to items that have a durability too? Maybe more souls for greater distances? Increased costs depending on material of item (less for leather and more for diamond?)

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Really do like this idea, I'm guessing it would be limited to items that have a durability too? Maybe more souls for greater distances? Increased costs depending on material of item (less for leather and more for diamond?)
Well I'd like to be able to trade soul items, so I wouldn't agree with durability only.