• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Lower Herogate Prices.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I am not going to write a huge paragraph on this, because my point is simple. I believe that Herogates should cost less (10s). Money is harder to come by in Haven, therefore I believe that because of this the Herogate prices should be lowered a tad. I understand staff don't want to just give Herogates to players, and they want to charge players for using them. I believe that 10 souls is a reasonable price.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I can see lowering the prices to account for the change in how currency is gain.
Note it's not harder - it's different, depending on how you play.
Yea I would actually say it's easier. Not only do you get money for leveling but mining and a lot of other things from just playing HC the way it should be played.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Yea I would actually say it's easier. Not only do you get money for leveling but mining and a lot of other things from just playing HC the way it should be played.
I disagree with this statement.

As Kainzo said, it is for sure different, however I am still in belief that it is harder to gain currency. On previous maps, when you went mining, every time you mined a gold ore, it was at least 9c guaranteed. In the first two weeks of this map, I had almost 2 stacks of gold blocks. Imagine that money at the start of Bastion. This map, while money can be obtained easier by killing mobs, mining is not the fastest way to get money anymore. There isn't a guaranteed droprate to get money from ores, and when you do drop it, you don't get a whole bunch of money. Getting money this map takes longer, and you make less of it. That is why I think it is harder.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

As Kainzo said, it is for sure different, however I am still in belief that it is harder to gain currency. On previous maps, when you went mining, every time you mined a gold ore, it was at least 9c guaranteed. In the first two weeks of this map, I had almost 2 stacks of gold blocks. Imagine that money at the start of Bastion. This map, while money can be obtained easier by killing mobs, mining is not the fastest way to get money anymore. There isn't a guaranteed droprate to get money from ores, and when you do drop it, you don't get a whole bunch of money. Getting money this map takes longer, and you make less of it. That is why I think it is harder.

agreed

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Well obviously I'm talking about the people would just go from leveling to pvp instead of just trying to mine...

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8

Also think about how free the money was last map 2 stacks of gold blocks is 10k easy that's pretty stupid...

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Mobs are renewable, gold isn't (unless there's a reset). I like this system better. It forces people in the wild and vulnerable to get killed. You are of course vulnerable while mining, but if you hear someone breaking blocks in order to reach you then you're likely recalling.

Long story short, you'll be glad this system is in place in a few months from now when gold is hard to come by.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, to bring this thread back on topic, my suggestion seems to have positive feedback. However, I am more interested in anyone who disagrees with the post. If you do, please tell me why.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Mobs are renewable, gold isn't (unless there's a reset). I like this system better. It forces people in the wild and vulnerable to get killed. You are of course vulnerable while mining, but if you hear someone breaking blocks in order to reach you then you're likely recalling.

Long story short, you'll be glad this system is in place in a few months from now when gold is hard to come by.
Probably will take more then a few months considering map increase plus less people will go mining for gold then last map

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree money is harder to get, but also agree i like the new system better. Cost for hero gates will hopefully be adjusted down to reflect the change in rate of currency gain, just like switching classes was.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7

I agree with the first part, but not the second. Gold was never hard to come by last map. Forgelight, Warshard, and even Bastion still had loads to offer. People are just lazy and mine in straight lines at 6-12 height and got bored fast.

'30 minutes in and I don't have a stack of gold? THIS WORLD HAS NO RESOURCES!!!!' Sound familiar?

Though you are right about the new system putting people out in the world to pvp more.

Ok, to bring this thread back on topic, my suggestion seems to have positive feedback. However, I am more interested in anyone who disagrees with the post. If you do, please tell me why.

I disagree with the idea to lower them only due to the fact that currently players charge between 10-15 souls for a gtp to spawn (20-25 for the greedy). 10-15 is easily gotten from voting for that day, and this money being passed from player to player helps to fuel the economy. Lower Herogates to 10 souls and players will need to charge that amount or less just to get people to spawn.

I understand some will still spend a higher amount if they have shards to sell, but ultimately it's less money being passed around and more going to the DHX (and that group hasn't bought anything from HeroxMart yet).

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the idea but I honestly think money is easier to come by for me just cuz I don't mine