• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Lower base class speccing level for newcomers

Do you think that this would be a good idea?

• Total voters

macura

Diamond
I think that everyone would agree that although herocraft is in no way "dieing", having more people we still be good. I think that what would get us ALOT more people would be to make it easier for new players to get started.

My suggestion is to make the very first base hero class that a person chooses only go up to level 20, before they can spec. If the person wanted to go a second class, maybe from caster to warrior, then they would have to level it to 30.

How this would benefit HC and why: This would greatly benefit HC because we would have so many more people. The most frequent complaint that i get from people who start out and decide to quit the server is that they hated being a base class because of the time it takes to level.

This would have no negative that i can see. This cannot be abused in any way because it only applies to people who are just starting out.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
What about all the new players that got level 30 recently?

What about em? I think it's a good idea, and those who recently got 30, they will be in the same exact boat as us, we got to 30 as well. I'm sure they would agree it would be a good idea to make it easier, seeing as they went through the grind and know how hard it is.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
What about em? I think it's a good idea, and those who recently got 30, they will be in the same exact boat as us, we got to 30 as well. I'm sure they would agree it would be a good idea to make it easier, seeing as they went through the grind and know how hard it is.
Eh, I was thinking they would get a tad mad that they had to do extra 10 levels grind xD Aundora

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Love this idea. It's like the system where you have to pay 250c to spec, and if you want to go back to another hero you have done previously, you have to pay 500c, sorta.

Definately a +1 to this.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Leveling to 30 isn't that bad... at all. As long as you can set aside a few hours and strictly focus on leveling you'll get to 30. Being around townmates for protection incase raiders come makes it even easier. Sorry to say this, but 'suck it up'.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Leveling to 30 isn't that bad... at all. As long as you can set aside a few hours and strictly focus on leveling you'll get to 30. Being around townmates for protection incase raiders come makes it even easier. Sorry to say this, but 'suck it up'.
Its not about that though... this is about making people happy rather than having them quit. We have a very low rate of players actually sticking with the server for longer than a month of barely being active.

F

Falker57

I have to say I dont like it... While yes it does make it easier for new people I doubt this is the reason why new people are quiting. Most are quiting because they cant find a decent town. That is the hard part. Leveling is just tedious but if they cant take the time to get 10 levels then I doubt they will stay for the next 60. Especially since all the good skills they are speccing for come after the first 40.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Its not about that though... this is about making people happy rather than having them quit. We have a very low rate of players actually sticking with the server for longer than a month of barely being active.

Psssst... that's because people are lazy, shhh it's a secret. They see everyone around them using fun skills and they want to be a part of that IMMEDIATELY without putting the work in. We shouldn't cater to people who are impatient.

When I began playing on this server (a week after 4.0 came out) monster spawn rates were so so so so so so so bad! For over a month, there were nights where I wouldn't find 1 monster, and if I was lucky, I would find 5 monsters a night. I, amongst others, stuck around despite that horrible grind. With monster spawn rates as high as they are now, as I stated, you can get to level 30 in roughly 6 hours. Shame on you if you think that's too much work, in my opinion.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Psssst... that's because people are lazy, shhh it's a secret. They see everyone around them using fun skills and they want to be a part of that IMMEDIATELY without putting the work in. We shouldn't cater to people who are impatient.

When I began playing on this server (a week after 4.0 came out) monster spawn rates were so so so so so so so bad! For over a month, there were nights where I wouldn't find 1 monster, and if I was lucky, I would find 5 monsters a night. I, amongst others, stuck around despite that horrible grind. With monster spawn rates as high as they are now, as I stated, you can get to level 30 in roughly 6 hours. Shame on you if you think that's too much work, in my opinion.
Believe me, I know this, I've mastered 3 times now from 0-50-50 0-30-55 0-30-60 and that's just combat. I've spent entire days, barely sleeping helping three people level at once and was the first master Samurai of Dragongarde and second to 60 when it was released. Mind you I also leveled rogue and half of ranger in Dragon too. I mean I know it seems stupid to cater to them, but We have 80 average player count at our prime right now and most times the new players I see from day to day are always new and almost never the same from the day before. I just think our hook isn't enough to keep them, but it may be the levels too.

MrShmid

Gold
Yes, all my yes. I've played...IDK how long on this map, not too long, but I've gotten lvl 15 (yay, halfway there!) by carefully killing mobs, which takes bloody ages for me because:
  1. Killing anything takes ages for me: zombies just have loads of health, skeletons shoot me while I attack them, and spiders jump, making it impossible to hit them.
  2. Since creepers insta-kill you, I'm looking out for them more than I usually do.
Only in the past week have I gotten my first real combat skill, kick, which is only good for PvP.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7

I hate to say it, but I agree with STDs here. With mob spawn rates being as awesome as they are now compared to the early days of the server there is absolutely ZERO reason for any new player to complain about leveling. If new people are honestly leaving due to how "hard" leveling is then I wonder if they're cut out for the "hardcore" nature of Herocraft anyway?

I understand we want to keep new people on the server but I question if making it easier to level is really what's going to do it?

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
Completely agree with this... I finally mastered Rogue last night and the time that took was ridiculous... Especially with idiots killing me for no reason repeatedly. -.-

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
I actually have a better idea... Don't let anyone pvp until they get to level 30 or be able to be attacked by other people. Easy compromise