• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Low lvl Shaman rework?

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, I couldnt find a more suitable place so here we go:

I've been trying out a bunch of classes during the free class changes right now and I noticed when i changed to shaman that until lvl 15 you really cant do much at all, I was playing in a party with two friends, and i felt pretty useless, the firestrike totem doesnt seem to do much as it misses most of them time and then at lvl 5 you just get totemrecall which just sets you back further because when you only have one totem i feel like recalling it is not really what you want to be doing yet. So I was pretty much just dead weight until lvl 10 so then i could heal, but you still cant do much else at all until you get to lvl 15 with shockingstrike. Im not sure if anything can or should be done about this, but my input would to be to change the lvl 5 skill and get totemrecall later or just start off with it at lvl 1.

Thanks! ~Rihawk

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post this, I couldnt find a more suitable place so here we go:

I've been trying out a bunch of classes during the free class changes right now and I noticed when i changed to shaman that until lvl 15 you really cant do much at all, I was playing in a party with two friends, and i felt pretty useless, the firestrike totem doesnt seem to do much as it misses most of them time and then at lvl 5 you just get totemrecall which just sets you back further because when you only have one totem i feel like recalling it is not really what you want to be doing yet. So I was pretty much just dead weight until lvl 10 so then i could heal, but you still cant do much else at all until you get to lvl 15 with shockingstrike. Im not sure if anything can or should be done about this, but my input would to be to change the lvl 5 skill and get totemrecall later or just start off with it at lvl 1.

Thanks! ~Rihawk
Having totem recall at level 1 without any totems sounds pretty useless to me...

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Having totem recall at level 1 without any totems sounds pretty useless to me...

I realize that, but i mean pretty much so you have it along with firestrike at lvl 1 and then get a new lvl 5 or to just shuffle them so recall isnt the lvl 5 skill but you get it when you already have 2 or 3 totems so that you arent dead weight until lvl 10. I feel like it would be more useful at a later level, because ontop of only having one totem at lvl 5, the cool down is 12s so you really dont need the mana yet, so maybe the best solution would to be to shift it to later.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Haha alright, no problem, it was just a suggestion, because i felt useless kinda XD. It was worth the try though.
This actually is the improved version.
Before, ShockingStrike was 1 and FirestrikeTotem was 15, but TotemRecall was still 5 when you had no Totems at all!

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
This actually is the improved version.
Before, ShockingStrike was 1 and FirestrikeTotem was 15, but TotemRecall was still 5 when you had no Totems at all!

Ohhh so I guess maybe it would end up being just a little slow nomatter where you get recall, alright then, The only other thing i can think of then is putting recall at lvl 15 and getting the totem and shocking strike both before, but that might mess with the balance or something so oh well.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Fire totem misses mobs a lot, but it doesn't fail to miss players. This might be more of a bug than anything.

I've noticed this too.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Fire totem misses mobs a lot, but it doesn't fail to miss players. This might be more of a bug than anything.

I've noticed this too.
Yeah, that I'd file as a separate bug report TBH, it used to be much better at it.