• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lost Soul

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Lost Soul will be a little rough but it looks like it will be fun.

One obvious note but I am pretty sure it's intentional is the 50% mana use of Fireball,

The other is Strike, is it intentioned to be a Mana skill? Seems like it should consume 50% stam, instead of mana?

EDIT: Just tested, and it's stam lol...

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It was definitely a rough ride, but it was possible. I'm thinking maybe adding a base equipment weight is necessary though. Leveling with no armor was brutal. I went full endurance build too, lol.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Definitely captivates the hard mode nature of Herocraft. I could have mastered in 2 days though (Going hard, nothing else) had I not taken a break. I agree with Delf too, but only because the skele buff tbh. The combo is nice, will say though that the first 5-10 or so levels are a bitch without any skills.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Not a huge fan of lost soul immediately branching into all 16 specs once you master. Are paths still up for consideration?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Lost soul wasnt much of a trouble for me as it was trying to find mobs. A lot of people are like go 10-10-10-10 (Str/Con/Edur/Int) which I think is silly.

I played my lost soul like a warrior path; big STr, some Con and like a Medium amount of Endurance. Once I stopped mistaking Creepers for zombies; I was okay.

Also I understand where Kain is going into being able to go any spec; I mean; Who wants to waste time leveling a Healer class after they've already mastered wizard all because they want to be a cleric now?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Not a huge fan of lost soul immediately branching into all 16 specs once you master. Are paths still up for consideration?
Sidin with Rumble on this one. It just seems silly to force players to play a worthless class just so that they can fit nicely in to an archetype. Not to mention the constraints archetypes have on class design. I know we don't really follow those rules anyways, but let's face it. The current Disciple does not belong in the Healer tree, and the Bard / Runeblade don't belong in the rogue tree. It just all felt a bit too silly, imo.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Sidin with Rumble on this one. It just seems silly to force players to play a worthless class just so that they can fit nicely in to an archetype. Not to mention the constraints archetypes have on class design. I know we don't really follow those rules anyways, but let's face it. The current Disciple does not belong in the Healer tree, and the Bard / Runeblade don't belong in the rogue tree. It just all felt a bit too silly, imo.
On that note, how do we all feel with replacing kick with sneak for Lost Soul? I feel its more rogue-like and I won't lie, lost soul's burst scares me a bit.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Eh, I thought about it. Honestly though, the excessive stam costs and lack of stamina regen really puts lost-soul in it's place. A spec'd class above level 15-20 should have no problems dealing with a lost soul in any form of PvP.