• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Lore Drops

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I remember @Kainzo saying that he was either experimenting or trying to implement a way that plays would kill a mob and it would drop a part of a tome that if all the parts were collected they could learn a new skill.

My question is would it be possible to do the same thing with written books? Players would have to collect all the pieces to form the full story and when they did they would get exp or some other type of award. I think this would help insert official Herocraft Lore into the server and help increase RP immersion. The stories could make a great lead in into an event or a dungeon or boss event.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
An example would be to split up the story of a hero into the various drops and when they collect all the pieces they get something like the hero's sword. It could also play or be a requirement for the Legendary Weapons that were discussed at the last general meeting.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
An example would be to split up the story of a hero into the various drops and when they collect all the pieces they get something like the hero's sword. It could also play or be a requirement for the Legendary Weapons that were discussed at the last general meeting.

Better yet, collect all the books as they give clues needed to find and survive a dungeon and at the end is the item from lore :)

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Better yet, collect all the books as they give clues needed to find and survive a dungeon and at the end is the item from lore :)
niceeee i like it, but once one guys finds the dungeon everyone will know where it is, so better yet all the books will allow the person who collects all the pieces will be granted a /warp ability to the dungeon or the ability to use a dungeon portal at spawn.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
niceeee i like it, but once one guys finds the dungeon everyone will know where it is, so better yet all the books will allow the person who collects all the pieces will be granted a /warp ability to the dungeon.

Good idea. It will warp the holder and his party there once every 7 days. So if they die they have to wait a week to try again :)

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Good idea. It will warp the holder and his party there once every 7 days. So if they die they have to wait a week to try again :)
I like that, a week might be a little long but i like the idea, the reward chest would have to make it worth people only getting one dungeon attempt for a period of time week or shorter.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I like that, a week might be a little long but i like the idea, the reward chest would have to make it worth people only getting one dungeon attempt for a period of time week or shorter.

I think a legendary item would be worth a week wait. And to be a bigger jerk, once you defeat the boss and claim the treasure, the books / items are destroyed so you have to completely start over to come back :) These are the type of things the game needs to keep players active and doing stuff. Maybe a week is too long but still some sort of time limit - even 24 hours would work.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I think a legendary item would be worth a week wait. And to be a bigger jerk, once you defeat the boss and claim the treasure, the books / items are destroyed so you have to completely start over to come back :) These are the type of things the game needs to keep players active and doing stuff. Maybe a week is too long but still some sort of time limit - even 24 hours would work.
I like the creative thinking here :p, I am trying to join the Loremasters and get a project like this to help immerse more RP and lore onto the server. There would need to be more than one dungeon and set of books so the whole thing doesn't feel repetitive like some boring daily quest. I know there is a whole adventure map being worked on filled with dungeons and stuff but until then i feel Haven could really use something like this along with the expected pvp oriented objectives coming in the future to make things interesting.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I remember @Kainzo saying that he was either experimenting or trying to implement a way that plays would kill a mob and it would drop a part of a tome that if all the parts were collected they could learn a new skill.

My question is would it be possible to do the same thing with written books? Players would have to collect all the pieces to form the full story and when they did they would get exp or some other type of award. I think this would help insert official Herocraft Lore into the server and help increase RP immersion. The stories could make a great lead in into an event or a dungeon or boss event.
I could see this idea being easly implemented, and it would allow players to have differenting skills while having the same class, the only issue I can see is getting a good enough story that people are willing to go search for it XD

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, this issue is being able to tell Heroes and Bukkit that "this does this - let it craft to make this"

This kind of stuff is 100% what we want! :)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Yeah, this issue is being able to tell Heroes and Bukkit that "this does this - let it craft to make this"

This kind of stuff is 100% what we want! :)
I was going to say "maybe an Alchemist could be required to reforge the pieces".

As for code... I have no idea. A skill where you hold X pieces determined by item name/lore and hold it to reforge, maybe?

Near immediate edit: Thought Alchemist because I was assuming the book was burned to pieces, needing magic to reconstruct it. Could also be pages where you right click X of them.