• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

LordSeven Coding Application

LordSeven

Legacy Supporter 7
Minecraft IGN:
LordSeven
Position applying for:
Coding Team
Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States):
EST
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
2 Yearsish
How long have you been on Herocraft?:
1 week on your Herocraft server, I've been working with the plugin for over a half year.
What is your level of Java experience?:
TBH very little. I self taught myself everything by reverse engineering plugins for minecraft.
I know enough to have coded some skills for Herocraft.
Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
I have not developed any plugins but I have made many skills of Herocraft and have fully flushed out ideas for classes / abilities that can be added which I already have written (in 1.8 format)
Additional info you would like to tell us?:
The thing that makes me ideal for this position is that I have been doing this my whole life. Not coding specifically, but gaming. Gaming has touched my life from the age of 2. I have played countless MMOs including many of the ones that have shaped Herocraft. I have worked as a consultant for Kabal Gaming Systems and have play balanced multiple published games. I have also done character design/concept work. I would say the thing that makes me qualified for this position is that I have worked months straight on the Herocraft plugin, specifically with coding skills, visualizing classes and balancing them, and making the game fun for my own server. It has always been my dream to be a Dev / Balancer for an MMO and this position would be a dream job for me. I'm sure that with my help we could noticeably increase the active users of the game. My goal would be to let every class feel as though they are OP. I want every class to feel special and have something that makes them unique and different from the others, while still maintaining balance between them. Balancing classes in a game is like balancing a tray of water. It is a very difficult undertaking. I bring a lot to the table, including all of the experience and all of the work I did on this game from last year. During the months I worked on my Herocraft project, I deliberately avoided looking at any of the concepts that the official Herocraft was using to avoid stealing ides. I find it very interesting how many of the concepts I had for classes, are in use currently found in HC. Just recently I heard Kainzo mention that he had an idea for a class that would gain the ability to use skills from the damage they took. I was actually doing coding on this same thing last year. I think my mind is very much going towards the same goals and conceptual structure as the current paradigm. I feel right now that HeroCraft is a raw stone, and with just a bit of polish, will outshine all. I would also like to put in here that I would make a horrible moderator. I am not really a "people person." I am only interested in balancing, creating skills, developing, and testing. I would really appreciate it, if whoever is looking over this application could lend me about 15 minutes of their time. We could both hop on TeamSpeak and I could share all of the work I have done on HeroCraft. It's months and months of my time, and even if I am not accepted, perhaps this work could be put to good use.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Minecraft IGN:

LordSeven
Greetings, @LordSeven (I changed your forum name to your IGN)

Make sure to idle in IRC whenever you are online, #Heroes is our public channel and the majority of our conversation goes on there or in #DHX (Our private channel). We are seeking more coders to create skills and more for our team and I think you have the knowledge and will to do it. The position isn't 100% "balance implementator"
Though we do take several suggestions for balance directly from our coders :) - we can talk a little more in-depth after @Sleaker looks over your application.

Coders don't have to be "people person's" - That's my job as director :D

Sleaker

Retired Staff
very nice app, I'd like to make sure the distinction between Heroes and the Herocraft server is a bit more clear though I think you already know that :p