• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let's talk... Combat

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I need some data from you guys. I need to know how long it takes you to take down another class vs your own. Or how quickly they defeat you.

lvl 30 rogue vs 30 warrior...
lvl 60 ranger vs 60 disciple

etc.

This will help me analyze where things are and what we should be doing.

Much appreciated!

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 [any warrior spec]
we die in about 5-10 sec

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 wizard/geomancer
we kill them in about 5-10 seconds, but they can win if they play correctly

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 necro/beguliar
they win 75 % of the time

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 [any healer spec]
we kill them without much effort, it just takes a bit longer, 15-30 sec

A

Aburido_burrito

Kay ill go ahead and post the necromancer one here-
Dreadknight- Necro uses all of its skills, then drain souls the dreadknight to death. Fight is quick.
Dragoon- Same as above.
Samurai- Same as above.
Paladin- N/A, not very many paladin's.
Beguiler-Beguiler piggyfy's, plague bomb and fireballs, then repeats with mass piggyfy. Beguiler usually wins.
Geomancer- necro win's, range on skills is higher and better than geomancer.
Wizard- Necromancer usually win's because necromancer can keep his skills up, and wizard has higher cooldown's
Ninja- If the ninja gets a blackjack off ninja win's. Nuff said. if they don't proc blackjack they cannot win
Ranger- Arrowstorm= half my HP but if I land a harm shield necro wins
Thief- Thief isn't really a 1v1 class so they usually loose to every class.
Bard- cannot beat necro, lol.
Healer class'es shouldn't kill a caster class so Ill just skip them for now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Looking for raw numbers / seconds if possible.

I have a feeling combat may still be too fast - but uncertain at this point.

A

alexhoff1

Ninja vs Wizard
fight lasts roughly 3 seconds if they camp a border, use skill combos, target is silenced and will only be able to do max 300 damage before death.
Ninja vs Geomancer
if the ninja plays it right geomancer wont do anything, fight lasts 5-10 seconds perhaps.
Wizard vs Disciple
50/50 chance for both, though disciple has the ability to heal up more so than take damage. fights last 30 seconds or more depending on range of opponents.
Wizard vs Ranger
any ranger not level 60 will probably have a 50/50 chance against a wizard - after 60 the odds change drasticly to 80/20 due to bowstrength. before 60, 15ish second fight, after 60, 5-10 seconds.
Wizard vs Geomancerways to
Wizard has a 55/45 chance roughly against a geo, depending on how they play. fights last 15 seconds or more.
Wizard vs Dreadkinghts
Wizard has a chance of winning if they DK does not have run toggle on and or is strafeing too much - depending on combo used fights can last from 3 seconds to 30 seconds. (maybe more depending on running distance / time)
Wizard vs Warrior specs besides DK
Fair fights, chance of winning and loosing can be roughly 60/40 favoring wizard, though paladin fights drain mana insanely if played right on pally end.

Wizard vs Wizard lasts roughly 10 seconds

Really the only timer off here is Wizard vs 55+ ninja and a maxed ranger, due to there range and mobility skills.
Bowstrength shortens fights insanely, because they don't have to fully load bow and or draw it back. (all classes - May increase if target has armor.)

Paladins last forever :3

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
If you up the combat time any more, no one will ever die. someone can already run 200 blocks while being hit ever 10 seconds, and still survive

Border hopping will become border 100 meter dashes.

If you up the combat time any more, no one will ever die. someone can already run 200 blocks while being hit ever 10 seconds, and still survive

Border hopping will become border 100 meter dashes.
They need to make at anti-border hopping plugin already :p

And the pvp plugin when people can avoid giving the player a pvp kill by dying to the environment. I was attacking someone for a while, then they started running and creepers stole my kill :mad:

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 [any warrior spec]
we die in about 5-10 sec

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 wizard/geomancer
we kill them in about 5-10 seconds, but they can win if they play correctly

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 necro/beguliar
they win 75 % of the time

lvl 60 ninja vs lvl 60 [any healer spec]
we kill them without much effort, it just takes a bit longer, 15-30 sec

I dont neccesarily agree with the healer spec. for instance what if they are a disciple :p

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger
The Warriors
Dk- Fight depends on strafing. Usually a long fight that can end either way if the ranger is good. Empathy HT combo can end the fight in seconds. 15-25 sec
Pally - Ugh. I don't even want to duel these. Goodbye 2 stacks of arrows and hello 2 min fight.
Sam - Fight depends on strafing. Easiest warrior class to beat . Either side could win. 10-20 seconds.
Goon - Too easy to beat atm. Ranger will usually win. 15-20 sec

The Casters
Necro - Ew. Fight takes 15-25 seconds, necro wins.
Beguiler - Kitey kite kite. If the beguiler never gets to piggdy range, 10-15 second fight ranger wins. Toss up if it does, could be a minute fight.
Wiz - Lol. 10 second fight, ranger by long shot.
Geo - Ranger wins, 15 sec

The Rogues
Ninja - Ranger usually wins. Quick high dmg fight. 10 sec unless the ninja uses manuv. skills
Thief - Ranger wins. Confuse can lenghten the fight, 10-15 sec
Bard - Ranger usuallu wins. Longr fight, 20 sec
Ranger - First hit usually wins. 20-30 sec fight

The Healers
Disc - Too easy. W/o heals 15-20 sec, with 20-35 sec. disc could win if skilled
Druid - Squishy regardless of heals. Ranger wins. low dmg, prob 20-30 sec
Cleric - Gross, potential 45-60 sec fight if ranger grits it out. toss up
Bloodmage- BM wins with near full health, constrict crushes arrows. 30-45 sec

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
More like 10-15 sec if the ninja skills are played right
Thats true, when i 1v1 ult (60DK) it lasts for at least 10-15 seconds with no HT and i don't smoke or one. With HT 5-10 seconds, with one/smoke maybe 25-30 seconds

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Ranger
The Warriors
Dk- Fight depends on strafing. Usually a long fight that can end either way if the ranger is good. Empathy HT combo can end the fight in seconds. 15-25 sec
Pally - Ugh. I don't even want to duel these. Goodbye 2 stacks of arrows and hello 2 min fight.
Sam - Fight depends on strafing. Easiest warrior class to beat . Either side could win. 10-20 seconds.
Goon - Too easy to beat atm. Ranger will usually win. 15-20 sec

The Casters
Necro - Ew. Fight takes 15-25 seconds, necro wins.
Beguiler - Kitey kite kite. If the beguiler never gets to piggdy range, 10-15 second fight ranger wins. Toss up if it does, could be a minute fight.
Wiz - Lol. 10 second fight, ranger by long shot.
Geo - Ranger wins, 15 sec

The Rogues
Ninja - Ranger usually wins. Quick high dmg fight. 10 sec unless the ninja uses manuv. skills
Thief - Ranger wins. Confuse can lenghten the fight, 10-15 sec
Bard - Ranger usuallu wins. Longr fight, 20 sec
Ranger - First hit usually wins. 20-30 sec fight

The Healers
Disc - Too easy. W/o heals 15-20 sec, with 20-35 sec. disc could win if skilled
Druid - Squishy regardless of heals. Ranger wins. low dmg, prob 20-30 sec
Cleric - Gross, potential 45-60 sec fight if ranger grits it out. toss up
Bloodmage- BM wins with near full health, constrict crushes arrows. 30-45 sec
Ninja will pretty much always win if they pop a one + smoke as they end up right next to the ranger with their very high DPS

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Well a 60 Disciple v 60 Ninja can be over in around 3 seconds depending on what happens

60 Disciple v 60 Ranger is likely to win by ranger after around 20seconds to 1minute or if an arrowstorm hits them perfectly 10seconds.

60 Disciple v 60 Dreadknight around 1-3minutes due to constant heals kiting etc..

60 Disciple v 60 Dragoon 30seconds - 2mins

60 Disciple v 60 Samurai 10seconds to 1min 30secs

60 Disciple v 60 Disciple endlesssssss

60 Disciple v 60 Bard around 30seconds

60 Disciple v 60 Wizard 10seconds- 1minute

60 Disciple v 60 Bloodmage 1minute

60 Disciple v 60 Beguiler 30seconds

60 Disciple v 60 Necromancer 15-40seconds

These are just from personal experiences and not completely accurate and either level 60 would have won within that time.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Ninja will pretty much always win if they pop a one + smoke as they end up right next to the ranger with their very high DPS
However by using both those skills a ninja has literally no stamina left therefore disabling it to do close to any damage as it is unable to Eviscerate, kick etc..

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
However by using both those skills a ninja has literally no stamina left therefore disabling it to do close to any damage as it is unable to Eviscerate, kick etc..
Nah because presuming the ranger is quite far away then by the time you get there then you will have some stamina left normally enough to Kick, Evis. But this depends on the range, sometimes smoke isn't neccessary. So with smoke 16 stam leaves 3, you can regen to around 10-16 by the time you get there, without smoke 8 stam leaves 11 will regen to 15-full.