• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Land of the Giants

macura

Diamond
I randomly had an idea how to increase pvp, make something that would be interesting to do and flush a little of the surplus of resources that we have now. It would be a thing that is almost a gamble because you could make a lot of money or you could lose a ton. This would work really only if there is a plugin that allows the player to be stripped of all of their items upon arrival.

Land of the Giants could be another would that would act more like a nether than warshard in that it would not have a portal, but it would need a skill to be used in order to reach it. The skill would allow you to bring yourself and party members to this world and the reagent would be very high. Like 10 diamonds and 10 iron blocks high. This would act as a sink for resources however in the end it will be worth the reagent.

Upon arriving the player would be stripped of all of their items so that they are required to buy gear from the shops in this world (this is the cause of the gamble that i previously mentioned) to don't have items on you when you go. The players would be required to buy really overpriced gear, like 20+c for a sword.

The player would then be able to go out into this world and kill the giants which would spawn naturally there. These giants would drop an item (doesn't really matter what) that could be sold to a store in this world for a decent amount of money each (leaning towards lapis).

This would allow the player to make a lot of money and xp from killing giants and selling the drops however they could also lose a lot of money if they keep dieing with their gear on.

Breaking blocks below a certain level would be disabled in order to prevent people making mining gear from deconstructing stuff and going mining for the giant drop.

Overall i think this would be really cool and it would make killing mobs and people not only profitable but also fun.

Please leave your comments/responses about what you think of this idea, i typed this really quickly so i would not be surprised if there are many misspellings and words that do not make sense

Edit: I also think it would be cool if there could be large, ruin like structures that there would be actualy functioning giant spawners. This would make these areas desirable to control and increase confrontation. There would be far more gain but also far more risk.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It sounds interesting, though similar to other ideas, but one question is immediate:
What happens with PvP? Do players get to kill each other in this land, or must they all face the giants together and have their only means of screwing each other over being picking up others' lapis?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
It sounds interesting, though similar to other ideas, but one question is immediate:
What happens with PvP? Do players get to kill each other in this land, or must they all face the giants together and have their only means of screwing each other over being picking up others' lapis?
PvP should be enabled. Read the first sentence of the OP. :)

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
This would be fun, about how big will the area be?

Also how will things like, spawn camping and re spawning be handled? If someone could just respawn right next to the shops they could regear in an instant and jump right into battle vs some people who are battle tired ie still healing up and or out of mana etc.

macura

Diamond
I was thinking of maybe an area of 1500 by 1500 and to counter spawn camping i have seen a plugin before that allows for random teleportation (random as in having 5+ possible destinations).

Am about to edit the origional post to add an additional idea.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Creative, but this would not create more PvP. Quite the opposite, it could reduce it.​
PvP requires interaction with other players.
More worlds=more players spread amoung them, meaning less people are in one world then normal due to the presence of another world.
Less people in each world=less player interactions and , as a result, less PvP

macura

Diamond
Creative, but this would not create more PvP. Quite the opposite, it could reduce it.​
PvP requires interaction with other players.
More worlds=more players spread amoung them, meaning less people are in one world then normal due to the presence of another world.
Less people in each world=less player interactions and , as a result, less PvP
I disagree with this in that the problem is less of people being spread out and more of people not coming out. Think about how many people constantly duel each other and run around in circles in their town, it is because pvping is not very profitable or easy to find. Here there would be very little borderhumping and no one hiding it towns. It will gove players an incentive to want to leave their homes therefore increasing the amount of participating players.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I disagree with this in that the problem is less of people being spread out and more of people not coming out. Think about how many people constantly duel each other and run around in circles in their town, it is because pvping is not very profitable or easy to find. Here there would be very little borderhumping and no one hiding it towns. It will gove players an incentive to want to leave their homes therefore increasing the amount of participating players.
If the main argument is that if we get people out of safe/protected zones PvP would pick up again then I think (if possible) TnT working should be made a #1 priority. Just my opinion. All up for creating more PvP just not sure making more worlds is the answer.

No disrespect. ;)

macura

Diamond
If the main argument is that if we get people out of safe/protected zones PvP would pick up again then I think (if possible) TnT working should be made a #1 priority. Just my opinion. All up for creating more PvP just not sure making more worlds is the answer.

No disrespect. ;)
Not really sure what the progress on tnt is but it doesn't really seem to be still on the list of things that are being worked on. I would also rather have an activity that makes people want to run around instead of having to barrage people's bases with tnt to be able to get to them, this way everyone wins.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

No disrespect. ;)
It would take a while for something like this to come out and with the new server hub kainzo keeps talking about I don't see why not

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
You know what would make a land of giants better?

Skylands, make the world float!

Maybe a read-only adventure world?
Running with this and the OP:

Way to get there, instead of being a skill, would be a course, similar to how there was the Trial By Fire to get to the Nether in Sanctum. Then, there would be the Skylands map, with a set of 5-6 (?) Islands, all with a sort of ruined structure, connected through a bridge system from a spawn Island. There would be Giant and a few other mob-type spawners in the Ruins. Could incorporate HeroBoss to this, each Island has a different Boss.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I would love to see some Skylands/Land of the Giants on Herocraft! Sounds like an awesome expansion to the map!