• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Kingdoms.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
This is being lazily typed up from my phone at school, but I'd like to get some understanding about kingdoms. First and foremost are we going to need 3 towns? I personally feel like a kingdom isn't a kingdom unless it's multiple towns together. Also what is the spacing, costs, etc. xexorian leftovers5 c12095 victim130

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kingdoms have never left.
Right now, the kingdom stuff is the same as it was in the previous maps.
An admin will have to blank the region of the towns after the Pylons have been created (the pylons can not exceed 20 and are to be used by the admins to create the polygonal region.)

The pylons must be the exact same and can be various shape and size but it must be lit and tall enough to signify "kingdom land"

The pylons are to outstretch the town protection by about 50R - no more (but can be less if desired).

Once the blanket region has been placed, the admin can then add the town-leaders/managers to the region so they can add members to the massive region.

Admins | Heralds | Moderators

c12095

Holy Shit!
Kingdoms have never left.
Right now, the kingdom stuff is the same as it was in the previous maps.
An admin will have to blank the region of the towns after the Pylons have been created (the pylons can not exceed 20 and are to be used by the admins to create the polygonal region.)

The pylons must be the exact same and can be various shape and size but it must be lit and tall enough to signify "kingdom land"

The pylons are to outstretch the town protection by about 50R - no more (but can be less if desired).

Once the blanket region has been placed, the admin can then add the town-leaders/managers to the region so they can add members to the massive region.

Admins | Heralds | Moderators

What about their cost? There is nothing stating this anywhere.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
I feel like 20 pylons won't be enough, Towns got bigger this map.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I stated this but I think it probably needs to be better reflected for today's economy.

I agree it should be adjusted to the current economy, also I checked the wiki before I made that post. I don't remember what it was in the past and could not find anything related to it .

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there any way to have herotown regions override the kingdom regions?
I really don't want to give access to Paragon to everyone in the kingdom

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
If I remember correctly towns needed to be within 300 blocks of each other to be eligible for a kingdom.

The number of Pylons is limited by WorldEdit we can only make 20 points on a polygon selection thus we can't have more than 20 pylons

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Do you really not trust your citizens at all?
I know my own townmates, and I trust my kingdom mates. However, Paragon has a much more significant trial period, and screening process than most towns. You have to graduate through our barracks system before you get recruited into town, a process which takes 1-2 weeks.
It only takes one bad apple or alt to screw everyone.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
If I remember correctly towns needed to be within 300 blocks of each other to be eligible for a kingdom.

The number of Pylons is limited by WorldEdit we can only make 20 points on a polygon selection thus we can't have more than 20 pylons
I remember towns have to be 500 or something blocks far away from each other when you create them. Or, at least that's how it was in the beginning of the map.

Twenty Seven

Kainzo - I don't think 20 pylons is feasibly enough... I know the plugin doesn't go beyond that, but still. There's also a lot of uproar about giving everyone kingdom region access. In LO's case, we just assumed only council members would be added to the new kingdom regions.

M

MrPapodopolus

Its

Towns have to be 400 blocks apart, that's the bare minimum herotown will allow, if you try to do anything closer than that, it says your to close to another town.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Its
Towns have to be 400 blocks apart, that's the bare minimum herotown will allow, if you try to do anything closer than that, it says your to close to another town.
Thinking back on that you're probably correct considering largest town size is 12 chunks and there are 16 blocks to a chunk.
I remember towns have to be 500 or something blocks far away from each other when you create them. Or, at least that's how it was in the beginning of the map.
The number MrPap gave out is more accurate.
Kainzo - I don't think 20 pylons is feasibly enough... I know the plugin doesn't go beyond that, but still. There's also a lot of uproar about giving everyone kingdom region access. In LO's case, we just assumed only council members would be added to the new kingdom regions.
We have no choice on the pylons. You're welcome to add in extras for aesthetics once the regions go up but for region creation purposes you're limited to 20.
As for the kingdom region I will say this. When you assume, assume to fail.