• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Kingdom - adding real members

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Would it be possible to make adding kingdom members conditional on them being real players - ie checking that they are whitelisted perhaps?

Currently you can add any old name, so if names are mistyped the list gets ghost members.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Would it be possible to make adding kingdom members conditional on them being real players - ie checking that they are whitelisted perhaps?

Currently you can add any old name, so if names are mistyped the list gets ghost members.

can you go indepth on this?
The names on kingdoms use the Worldguard plugin I'm quite certain ... I'd rather have it check against herotowns - but we're not that advanced yet.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Following the town audits I thought I'd clear out our kingdom list too.

I found several names on the Kingdom members list that had been mispelled, such as tit_kean as well as tit_jean.

To add a member to a Town, the member has to be online at the time.

However you can add members to Kingdom without them being online.

It would appear that Herotowns checks against a server member list whereas the Kingdoms /regions addmember command does not.

Thank you.

Note: Checking against township membership might not be so helpful as sometimes people are added as kingdom guests without town perms.

For your info xexorian. Btw Xexorian, who gave you LO kingdom perms :confused:? *hunts for possible traitor*

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Following the town audits I thought I'd clear out our kingdom list too.

I found several names on the Kingdom members list that had been mispelled, such as tit_kean as well as tit_jean.

To add a member to a Town, the member has to be online at the time.

However you can add members to Kingdom without them being online.

It would appear that Herotowns checks against a server member list whereas the Kingdoms /regions addmember command does not.

Thank you.

Note: Checking against township membership might not be so helpful as sometimes people are added as kingdom guests without town perms.

For your info xexorian. Btw Xexorian, who gave you LO kingdom perms :confused:? *hunts for possible traitor*

Hmm? Oh I've had them for a long time, and I've never abused them. Edit: to be more specific I got them when I was hanging out with the crowd that's now currently in Ched Nasad. (without naming names.) :)

Yes, I know about regions and how they work. They're not the same as heroes township & tax protection. HTTP is case-sensitive. Even though the echo (return messages in chat) are not. You have to use all lower-case usernames when using commands like /town invite and /town setrank guest etc.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
To clarify: I'm reviewing the kingdom list as a consequence of the town audits.

I've found we have about 275 players on the kingdom list that are non-existent or inactive, or have moved to other towns.

My suggestion in this thread was to at least cut out the opportunity to add non-existent players to the kingdom list.

It would also be helpful to have some connection between the towns audit and the kingdom's list such that inactive players are also removed from the kingdoms list.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I asked gabizou and danda to do this for me, when I try to /region info my kingdom I crash instantly, and I can't view any names whatsoever, so I have to constantly remove people that may or may not be on it to try and keep it secured. it's kind of scary to be honest. I would think it's a huge issue but they're busy with other things I suppose.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I asked gabizou and danda to do this for me, when I try to /region info my kingdom I crash instantly, and I can't view any names whatsoever, so I have to constantly remove people that may or may not be on it to try and keep it secured. it's kind of scary to be honest.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. At least I can still do the command for LO kingdom.

I agree that any command that causes a player to crash is scary.

Related issue: I'm also finding I get the "kingdom updated" response even when I delete a name that isn't on the list, so there is obviously no integrity verification going on here.

gabizou Kainzo Danda

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
xexorian the issue is client side not server side the modifications you have to your client are what is causing you to crash. Use a vanilla client and you will not experience this issue.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
xexorian the issue is client side not server side the modifications you have to your client are what is causing you to crash. Use a vanilla client and you will not experience this issue.

omg could've told me this back then lol! it's okay, I think you were really sleepy when we talked. :)

awsumguy75321

Obsidian

It may just be everything popping up so suddenly while on a slow computer, if his is slow.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Thanks for the heads-up on this. At least I can still do the command for LO kingdom.

I agree that any command that causes a player to crash is scary.

Related issue: I'm also finding I get the "kingdom updated" response even when I delete a name that isn't on the list, so there is obviously no integrity verification going on here.

gabizou Kainzo Danda

most likely an issue with the plugin itself not displaying an echo msg.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It may just be everything popping up so suddenly while on a slow computer, if his is slow.
No it's an issue with tabby chat. A base minecraft client handles this perfectly fine.