• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Kain's Idea of TNT Regen

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So, in the g chat Kain talked about one of his ideas: TNT regen in towns at all times:
c79ff8cfa7.jpg

Followed by a later statement to complain about things in forums and not ingame, since that goes nowhere:
3a06f9b859.png

(Albeit that was for another topic) I shall thus follow this strategy.

TNT regen in towns would have been a great idea in say, Haven, or any other town using Townships where towns were these big, hugs things with all sorts of complexity. I'm sure Bastion era raiders would have loved to just put a hole in Oakenshire's wall.

However, this new system is different. I'm not going to complain about tax here (that has its own thread), but I think it's safe to say it breeds far smaller towns. Already, they're adapting to raids with things like floating in the air (not complaining, but that makes it rather difficult to TNT if at all, so they don't care). Those that aren't are trying to use the system to make the most useful town out of the chunks they have, getting 1-5 chunks and thin walls.

There is also now-known issue also stands where recall's region protection doesn't effect town regions, so thus if someone leaves two blocks out or a door open, a town is basically condemned for life.

LWC'd Lift signs are also a thing, so if this gets implemented I forsee towns just becoming an Obsidian box at Bedrock (or sky) with an LWC'd Lift sign at the surface.

With this system, Towns just seem like they're either far too vulnerable or far too invulnerable to TNT for it to be fair/helpful as a constant thing. At least with it only on during War, players can plan around things for those days. If it's on all the time, less players will even attempt to make Towns because why bother when they aren't really safer than just sitting at a Herogate with a bunch of LWCs.

Bonus Round:
In chat, @LightTheAbsol asked "What's going to stop towns from becoming giant holes for a day?" which is valid even during war times but extended to the extreme with it on at all times. It seems like even if it does get implemented, there should be a (small) limit on how many town blocks can be broken with it, otherwise people will just do it to grief everyone rather than as a strategic means of entry (which I must stress condemns the town for life as people can presently just warp back in).

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Something that would be cool is if during war times everyone could build in a town's regions, but all that building and destruction would be wiped out upon end of war. Basically raiders could build up to floating structures during war time but wouldnt have to remove pillars and towns wouldnt have to re-build anything, it would all regen back to time of war initiation.

I also think all day war one day a week is too long and concentrated, personally i think a couple hours a couple times a week would be both more fun and reasonable, maybe give towns the option of when they will be on war schedule (within reason) to be fair to europe / pacific folks, but each town must be flagged for war a minimum of somewhere around 6-10 hours a week or some such.

Im probly just dreaming here, i have no idea whats possible with tnt regen but really wish it could go completely crazy at war times without undoing peoples building work once each war period is complete.

I also dont really like towny so far compared to previous plugins but what can ya do.