• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Just joined/a few thoughts.

commiedic

Air
Greetings,

I am very new here about three days old and I am pretty new to MC about 1-2 months old and I would like to say that this server is awesome. This is my third server so far and I really like the ideas set forth by the people who made this possible.

The first day I was pretty shy and didn't know what to do so I kinda looked around then got off. Then the next day I asked in Help if anyone would adopt me as a citizen and imminently got about 10 responses. Well to be fair I joined the first one and met up with my recruiter Darroes. Darroes was very nice and helped out with some beginner gear and showed me around the castle. The other members of the town are very polite also. They are always helping me out when I have questions.

This seems that it can be a good home for me and I can enjoy putting many days of my life in this server =P, but so far since I have been in the server lag is killing me. =( I know ranting wont get me anywhere, but since I lost both of my 2 Diamond Pickaxes, 45 iron, and all my coal (Again) instead of wasting time trying to get it back I will type a message about my experience.

My internet speeds are 22mbits/s down and 3.5mbits/s up testing on a Dallas server. I live in Oklahoma and the server runs in Dallas, TX and usually I get about 30 latency on other Dallas hosted servers in many other games, but it seems that I am always having to wait about 30-45 sec to pick up blocks that I just mined and I usually have to mine an area and then step back for a bit so it can catch up. It will replace the blocks that I just mined and then about 30 sec later they will disappear again. Well I mined into lava below me. Well I was digging a tunnel around a lava pit searching for diamonds and then it happened again. My vision went black and and I couldn't see where I was going. so I tried to dig my way out and fell into the lava.

So yea, Great server. Very interesting idea and very good community. Just the lag is unbearable for someone like me who Just loves to mine and be rich =P

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
pickup/physics lag seems to be a MC coding issue - we've ordered a brand new server to attempt to fix this.

If it does work - we'll look into other options.