• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Just a Plain Ol' Stick or...? [Crafting]

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Idea originates from someone else's mind, but the player only mentioned in chat a while ago and it appears that he never dropped it in the forums, so here I go.

The Plain Ol' Stick is in fact nothing but a stick, but that guy's thought was to make something more out of it, since it is still a custom item. He thought, and I feel the same, why make a pointless custom item out of a stick? For what reason? It's just a stick with flavor text. Yes, random junk has to be added to the loot table to create diversity (and to make the good drops even harder to get).
But why not giving it a purpose?

I'll just reconstruct his idea and add some of my thoughts to it:

Player finds a Plain Ol' Stick item and goes to a workbench. There, he adds 3 iron ingots to craft an Iron Pickaxe. Since HC is a place where magic happens, the Pickaxe, which was expected to become a lame Iron Pickaxe, has become a custom item which could look like this:

"Flavor Text"

Just some badly level 1 enchanted tools. I know, nothing to fall off a chair, but still a fair purpose to be given, especially helpful for new players. Available custom tools could be made off the Iron Pickaxe, the Iron Axe and the Iron Shovel, all enchanted with Efficiency I and Unbreaking I - and nothing more. Putting Gold Ingots or Diamonds into the Workbench with a Plain Ol' Stick should not have any effect (as in creating a gold/diamond custom version of it).

When the guy said something about "we should be able to craft special items with this", I think he meant something like this. So I basically transformed his words into an idea, which is not too overpowered.

Some addition you might add some time later, if you like the idea.
Simply wanted to make sure that it got registered here ;-)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Idea originates from someone else's mind, but the player only mentioned in chat a while ago and it appears that he never dropped it in the forums, so here I go.

The Plain Ol' Stick is in fact nothing but a stick, but that guy's thought was to make something more out of it, since it is still a custom item. He thought, and I feel the same, why make a pointless custom item out of a stick? For what reason? It's just a stick with flavor text. Yes, random junk has to be added to the loot table to create diversity (and to make the good drops even harder to get).
But why not giving it a purpose?

I'll just reconstruct his idea and add some of my thoughts to it:

Player finds a Plain Ol' Stick item and goes to a workbench. There, he adds 3 iron ingots to craft an Iron Pickaxe. Since HC is a place where magic happens, the Pickaxe, which was expected to become a lame Iron Pickaxe, has become a custom item which could look like this:

"Flavor Text"

Just some badly level 1 enchanted tools. I know, nothing to fall off a chair, but still a fair purpose to be given, especially helpful for new players. Available custom tools could be made off the Iron Pickaxe, the Iron Axe and the Iron Shovel, all enchanted with Efficiency I and Unbreaking I - and nothing more. Putting Gold Ingots or Diamonds into the Workbench with a Plain Ol' Stick should not have any effect (as in creating a gold/diamond custom version of it).

When the guy said something about "we should be able to craft special items with this", I think he meant something like this. So I basically transformed his words into an idea, which is not too overpowered.

Some addition you might add some time later, if you like the idea.
Simply wanted to make sure that it got registered here ;-)
I like this, do you care to do some of the config work to make it happen? :)