• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Irishwoman81 Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroKy

Gold
IGN:Irishwoman18
Banned by: @(name)Piptendo
Time of ban:12/14/17
Reason for ban:Block glitching/abusing game mechanics
Your story: I used minecraft mechanics to allow myself into a town. There was no mention of using boats to go through walls in the wiki so I believed it was fine. At first I didn't even think it was going to work but when I tried it I got in a regioned area, I purely used minecraft mechanics (that are LEGAL on other servers). This CAN be coded out of the game by just restricting it so users who do not have access to the area can not place vehicles there. I vaguely recall the almighty Kainzo once saying that if it can't be coded out of the game we'll have it on the server with the exception that it cannot be coded out due to minecrafts restrictions(e.g. REAL BLOCK GLITCHING LIKE USING LAG TO OPEN A CHEST AFTER BREAKING A BLOCK ). As I stated before this CAN be coded out, or a more specific rule can be made, under these grounds i believe my ban was unjust.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Correct, the rules do not mention boats specifically, as the mechanics of the new boats (as opposed to pre-1.9 boats) have yet to be explored. Specifically the rule that comes to mind is that "intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics is prohibited." This encompasses ignoring the physical properties of a spruce wooden half slab to effectively no-clip through a solid floor.

To argue that this is an intended mechanic of vanilla Minecraft boats is a poor argument to make. This isn't a style of gameplay we want to promote on the server.

As you've raided Graink's town before, and I let you off with a warning given the stipulation that you would be banned for 30 days should you behave as a repeat offender, I stand by my judgment.

Appeal denied. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.