• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug io.netty.handler.timeout.readTimeoutexception

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
As the title says, I've been getting 'io.netty.handler.timeout.readTimeoutexception' all morning. I haven't changed anything since yesterday (when I was able to log on fine). I have tried reinstalling and opening command prompt to run netsh winsock reset, which also didn't work. Ideas?

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
As added information, I'm running Liteloader/Forge with Macromod, HeroMod, and Optifine

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I managed to narrow it down to a problem with Forge. Forgot I have forge on the build on this computer. I was able to manually copy in Optifine to bypass the problem.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
Forge is your issue. Remove it and you should be able to log in just fine.
I posted in forge's bug forums and they pretty much pushed it under the rug.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
If you're using a more recent version of optifine you should be able to double click install optifine the same way forge does. and then bind liteloader to it.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Oh, I hadn't tried binding Liteloader to forge. I'll try that on my second computer. Thanks for confirming my findings.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
@DEMOCALIBER newest version of forge works now. make sure to bind liteloader to that version before running it if you want to use liteloader mods. Currently i only have 3 mods running off forge, shaders, optifine, and inventory tweaks.

@Kainzo I don't know if you have any plugins tracking what users have forge mods installed but it might be a good time to get that back up and running since players might start using it a bit more since it's starting to become more stable. (if they aren't already)