• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Inventory Restrictions based on weight values idea

Ultanian

Portal
In Vanilla a player has 36 available slots for items, and because there are different classes in HeroCraft, some should be limited on things they can carry. For example, let's say a player can only carry up to 100 lbs of gear at once. Iron Armor would be very heavy, limiting the warrior classes to how much inventory space they have. The Caster classes have leather armor, which is slightly lighter, so they would have more space for things like reagents. This could be done like this: When a player exceeds their weight capacity, they drop the lightest items until they are at max weight. A list of items and their weights....

Leather Boots- 1 lb​
Leather Helm- 1 lb​
Leather Tunic- 5 lbs​
Leather Pants- 2 lbs​
Chain Boots- 2 lbs​
Chain Helmet- 2 lbs​
Chain Chestplate- 10 lbs​
Chain Leggings- 4 lbs​
Iron Boots- 4 lbs​
Iron Helmet- 5 lbs​
Iron Chestplate- 15 lbs​
Iron Leggings- 10 lbs​
Gold Boots- 5 lbs​
Gold Helmet- 6 lbs​
Gold Chestplate - 25 lbs​
Gold Leggings- 15 lbs​
Diamond Boots- 2 lbs​
Diamond Helmet- 2 lbs​
Diamond Chestplate- 10 lbs​
Diamond Leggings- 4 lbs​
Wooden Tools- 1 lb​
Stone Tools- 2 lbs​
Iron Tools- 4 lbs​
Gold Tools- 6 lbs​
Diamond Tools- 2 lbs​
Bow - 2 lbs​
Wooden Door- - 4 lbs​
Trapdoor- 5 lbs​
Iron Door- 7 lbs​
Other items that can stack would weigh the same as it would be when single.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I kinda like the idea, but I tink it would be very much coding, for not much use..
It would add another factor to balance the game, it would limit certain classes when they are mining, farming and doing other space consuming stuff.

Say someone go Paladin/Miner. Then they would have the least space to store goodies at when mining, but still be as much miner as anyone else.

And you haven't mentioned blocks?

This probably can't be balanced properly with professions and combat class.

Ultanian

Portal
I kinda like the idea, but I tink it would be very much coding, for not much use..
It would add another factor to balance the game, it would limit certain classes when they are mining, farming and doing other space consuming stuff.

Say someone go Paladin/Miner. Then they would have the least space to store goodies at when mining, but still be as much miner as anyone else.

And you haven't mentioned blocks?

This probably ....
If a paladin went mining he wouldn't need to be fully armored...

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
If a paladin went mining he wouldn't need to be fully armored...
If a warrior spec go mining without armor, they will die if they run into another person (most likely), and they are more exposed to mobs.

I played paladin for some months this map, and rule number one: Never go anywhere without armor.
Balance counts armor, so if someone who is balanced with armor take it off, it will get much weaker than others.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems like a practical idea, I just don't think anyone, me included, would want less inventory... And I'm a squishy.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
If we kept the normal inventory space, but made it so the more weight you carry, the slower you would be. It would add a little bonus to light-armored classes and IMO a full-armored Paladin/Dreadknight being able to run as fast as a completely naked Rogue or something feels a bit weird.