• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Intent to claim

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
If a chestshop outside of spawn has been abandoned and left empty for months do the same rules apply to claiming the area around the shop as for structures?

I feel that random empty chest shops around the map can be a bit of an eyesore and we should be able to clean them up and remove them

thank you for reading!

*edit* posting here since @Kainzo stated we might need clarification on this

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
If a chestshop outside of spawn has been abandoned and left empty for months do the same rules apply to claiming the area around the shop as for structures?

I feel that random empty chest shops around the map can be a bit of an eyesore and we should be able to clean them up and remove them

thank you for reading!

*edit* posting here since @Kainzo stated we might need clarification on this
I feel if they managed to be emptied there should be a decay on them, but not sure if this can be implemenrted

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think if the person is inactive and the shop is empty, you should be able to pe it and a mod/admin can destroy it if necessary

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
PE it and I will check it out for inactivity/ obstruction of anything. However, you cannot claim a chest shop. The contents, if any, will be destroyed.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I created the PE earlier this week and it was closed by @hilltim1 for not having successfully claimed the area? So does that mean that claiming this sort of structure does retain the same wait time for claiming?

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I created the PE earlier this week and it was closed by @hilltim1 for not having successfully claimed the area? So does that mean that claiming this sort of structure does retain the same wait time for claiming?

It was hardly a structure. Are you intending to claim the area to put your own shops in or do you just feel it as an eye sore. Have you successfully claimed the area? What I asked in the closing, was for you to re-pe when the claim process has been completed.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
It was hardly a structure. Are you intending to claim the area to put your own shops in or do you just feel it as an eye sore. Have you successfully claimed the area? What I asked in the closing, was for you to re-pe when the claim process has been completed.
The long abandoned chest shops are an eyesore and I would like to remove them due to the proximity to my town without it being considered griefing. Since they are not truly a structure I was unsure of the process to go about claiming so I can remove them. My original question about these was do they follow the same guidelines for claiming since they are not a structure. I was advised by Kainzo to post here for clarification on the matter. I was them told by Jonsoon to PE it and he would review logs for inactivity before allowing removal. The question though of do these types to builds require the same wait limit to claim and be removed by players still remains unanswered though.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The long abandoned chest shops are an eyesore and I would like to remove them due to the proximity to my town without it being considered griefing. Since they are not truly a structure I was unsure of the process to go about claiming so I can remove them. My original question about these was do they follow the same guidelines for claiming since they are not a structure. I was advised by Kainzo to post here for clarification on the matter. I was them told by Jonsoon to PE it and he would review logs for inactivity before allowing removal. The question though of do these types to builds require the same wait limit to claim and be removed by players still remains unanswered though.

Give me the PE number and I'll take care of it, sorry for the confusion.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
PE it and I will check it out for inactivity/ obstruction of anything. However, you cannot claim a chest shop. The contents, if any, will be destroyed.

In the past, the contents were given to whomever got to it once it was unlocked (e.g. trade district ~ it may or may not be the person who took over the trade shop). I was curious about the reason for destroying the contents within a chest shop once it is unlocked instead of just allowing it to be looted. The latter seems to be more in line with HC theft/looting concepts.

-yav

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
In the past, the contents were given to whomever got to it once it was unlocked (e.g. trade district ~ it may or may not be the person who took over the trade shop). I was curious about the reason for destroying the contents within a chest shop once it is unlocked instead of just allowing it to be looted. The latter seems to be more in line with HC theft/looting concepts.

-yav
Chestshops have never been able to be claimed, and their contents are always cleared. Not sure where you heard otherwise.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Chestshops have never been able to be claimed, and their contents are always cleared. Not sure where you heard otherwise.

Not that they can be claimed, but simply that they are unlocked and the contents within are able to be looted by whomever comes across them.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, that's what I meant by claimed. They have always been emptied and the contents destroyed, though. We will need to summon an @Admins for an exact reasoning.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Since the beginning of Haven we have been wiping the contents of shops that're contained within spawn shops. Any shops in the wilderness will not be touched unless said shop is already empty. It's to discourage players bankrupting shop owners and instantly buying back the shop to recover the items you sold plus the shop's stock.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
Isn't there already a measure in place to remove a chest shop? I don't think buying out someones shop just to immediately spam /pe new "I want it, it's mine" should be all there is to it

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Isn't there already a measure in place to remove a chest shop? I don't think buying out someones shop just to immediately spam /pe new "I want it, it's mine" should be all there is to it
As already mentioned, the chest shops and contents are destroyed.