• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Initial opinion and bringing a bunch of people to the server

Taelsolos

Stone
The denizens over at reddit have a few minecraft servers they play on. The regulars over at reddit midwest play on a server that is largely vanilla, and unfortunately is plagued by griefers.

I brought around 15 people to the 1.3 server to look around and check out the plugins and depth of the world. The people I brought were genuinely impressed and expressed a desire to start a township and start building immediately.

The things they are most impressed with:
  • Scale of the world
  • How many people have full fledged cities and amazing looking structures around the area
  • The main tower and the terms of service
  • The mods, especially the currency, chest lock, and home spawn mods

As per Kainzo, I'm going to wait for the server to be on a stable release before I make a post on reddit/r/minecraft and r/rugc_midwest in order to capture people's interest. reddit is full of programmers, meticulous builders and thinktanks, with an overall average age in the early twenties.

Among my group (midwest) we have a mature tightly knit group that looks forward to building in your world. Look forward to seeing you all in game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thanks for the post Tael - I'm more than happy to welcome you here.

With the release of 1.3 we'll be updating 90% of our plugins and that changes the gameplay immensely - I'll make sure to update our 'what's new in HC' thread.