• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Increasing the level cap to 70.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
It would be neat to have level 70 just to be able to level further. Also you would have more points to make more diverse attribute builds. I would love a level 70 increase.

I say we should wait till after shaman is out to release level 70 skills.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It would be neat to have level 70 just to be able to level further. Also you would have more points to make more diverse attribute builds. I would love a level 70 increase.

I say we should wait till after shaman is out to release level 70 skills.
Well, I could see the 40 extra attribute points doing something to the classes, but that would require a lot of careful testing to ensure balance issues don't go out of whack with them.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, I could see the 40 extra attribute points doing something to the classes, but that would require a lot of careful testing to ensure balance issues don't go out of whack with them.

I don't see it effecting maxed skill so much as you are only going to gain a couple points, but it will allow every class to bring their attributes they left at 20 to 30ish or the ones that were 10 to 20ish, giving more omph to their secondary attributes and rounding off the builds to be more similar.

When I imagine more skill points into the current system I image less diversity and more averaged out builds due to the extreme costs of attributes at higher levels.

Had it ever been considered trying to make attributes scale not from how high the actual attribute is but from how many points have been applied in total? That would allow pure damage/armor builds with the same scaling(loss) as going a hybrid across the boards build. It would not penalize players for going max armor and min damage, or max damage and min armor, but would still restrict, still curve the gains from attributes as the players level preventing the huge gap in strength that you would otherwise see?

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Keep the discussion on topic. I brought this here for feedback, nothing else.

The leveling experience is changing and has changed. @Delfofthebla - mobs are harder and they scale so you can get more exp. Will they ever hand you levels? no. When quests come back in it may be a little more enjoyable but what you're wanting, I'm not sure. Though, I would be glad to hear what you have in mind and maybe we can work towards it.

The binding system is something that we need to rework - as a vanilla-based server we cannot "rely" on mods. Things have to be capable without them. @gabizou wanted to implement the "wand" style system so you can add multiple binds to one item and cycle through them with right-click and fire with left-click. This will definitely help the keybind issue.

All in all,
I partly agree with the posts here, we will more than likely hold off on a cap increase until we have more content to push like bosses, etc. We have custom items flaring within the next few months and that will make things completely different in terms of balance.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Now that the question of When has been answered with "(likely) along with a noteworthy pve milestone", lets have some fun with lvl 70 skills. Whether or not new skills get implemented with lvl70, post some ideas!

Beguiler: TremorBomb - Plaguebomb animal that does damage and knockback. Possibly applies safefall on the beguiler and knocks them back as well. (Beguilers have no mobility)

Ranger: SummonDog (Rangers want this)

Wizard: Zap - Mouseover skill zero warm-up low-medium damage, long cooldown (Wizards do not have a mouseover skill that deals damage instantly, which is useful when fighting while moving. Giving them a little poke to use when they can't afford their warm-ups won't break their damage but it will make them able to use skills for a higher % of the fight instead of focusing on kiting. This will also be used to add to their burst after successfully casting a warm-up.)

Bard: BewitchingTune- AoE effect similar to Beguile, where the enemies wander a few blocks every few seconds. Does not break on damage. Enemies would wander less blocks than Beguile and would wander every half second. Scales with Charisma. (Aoe Strong Engage for Bard)

Cleric: MassRevive (Can be as powerful as a gtp after a group fight goes badly, revives party members who died within 100 blocks of where the skill is used, similar in all other regards to Revive. Long cooldown.)

Last edited: