• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Increase ShopChest limits for merchant

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
NaFKIgI.png

Merchant is currently limited to having only 5 ShopChests. Since there are only a few active merchants on the server (only two I know of are @Toadmare and @DrHeretic ), this means that if all of the merchants joined forces we might be able to fill one TD stall. This limit is handicapping merchant. Please consider raising this to at least 15 or 20. But honestly, with the TD so empty and a lack of people choosing merchant, why not just remove the limit entirely or set it to something ridiculous like 100?

Also, as someone who planned to sell mostly diamonds and ingots, I should've gone miner with a limit this low. Miner can make shops for 90% of the things I plan to sell (excluding logs) and they get tons of other cool abilities. Merchant is hands down the worst profession at the moment.

Church_

On this matter as a merchant normally.
Being able to have as many chest shops as I wanted allowed me to make into town markets.
Increase player trade within my town along with providing to a town ran shop in spawn.
This limit on merchant really cuts into it. Even more so the only skills it has after is enderchest, labeling, and blackmarket.
Now really there will be some lack of old style shop set ups if no only merchant but the other professions are limited to 5. 5 is really too small to work with.

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
On this matter as a merchant normally.
Being able to have as many chest shops as I wanted allowed me to make into town markets.
Increase player trade within my town along with providing to a town ran shop in spawn.
This limit on merchant really cuts into it. Even more so the only skills it has after is enderchest, labeling, and blackmarket.
Now really there will be some lack of old style shop set ups if no only merchant but the other professions are limited to 5. 5 is really too small to work with.

To expand on the in-town shop part: My town used to have about 5 in-town shops just to sell gold to the town. First chest paid like 0.01, fifth chest paid almost server price for gold, and the other three paid amounts in between. Using this set-up citizens could sell their gold for near DH-exchange prices with no risk of PVP, or make a donation of gold to the town, without the mayor having to be online for the transaction.

Also, as far as variety goes, with only 5 shops I don't think you could even sell every variety of log. :(

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey @Danda, @Kainzo said merchant was supposed to have infinite shops when I mentioned this on Discord. You said you had just gotten home from a party so you would fix it tomorrow. Quite a few tomorrows have gone by. :-P

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hey @Danda, @Kainzo said merchant was supposed to have infinite shops when I mentioned this on Discord. You said you had just gotten home from a party so you would fix it tomorrow. Quite a few tomorrows have gone by. :-P
already made the edit before you posted this :p