• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Increase mob spawn rates

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo

I would like to request that there is *some* mob spawning that occurs outside of dungeons, including bosses, and that the nether mob spawn rate be drastically increased, including bosses.

I understand that lag is always an issue; however it is flat out barren in the overland of both mobs and animals. It would be nice if the rate was to include at least some spawning.

By contrast, the nether is rarely traveled and should be inherently dangerous. Mob spawn rates should be increased dramatically to reflect the danger of this hellish place.

Thank you,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo

I would like to request that there is *some* mob spawning that occurs outside of dungeons, including bosses, and that the nether mob spawn rate be drastically increased, including bosses.

I understand that lag is always an issue; however it is flat out barren in the overland of both mobs and animals. It would be nice if the rate was to include at least some spawning.

By contrast, the nether is rarely traveled and should be inherently dangerous. Mob spawn rates should be increased dramatically to reflect the danger of this hellish place.

Thank you,

-yav
Animals will be seen more drastically with the introduction of 8.2... However, mobs will give very low xp with 8.2 unless they are found in the dungeons.

If something happens, ill look into increasing hostile mob spawns, but right now, we're moving in the direction of higher level dungeons to be able to master in a timely manner.

The nether specifically, should be able to have increased spawns without drastically increasing lag.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Thank you for considering these, especially the nether...when a boost happens, spawn rates drop to near zero in the nether for some reason.