• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Increase Disciple CON scaling Incetives

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Disciple is the unarmored class in lore.

We now have a way to make Disciple have competitive defensive levels against Magic Damage (~50% of damage) while still retaining lore armor appearance. The increased incentives to build CON would likely also increase average disciple build HP.

If we could change a skill like FlyingKick to scale with CON instead of its current scaling, or perhaps increase Magic Resist or HP per CON, it would achieve a more unique class while retaining one of its largest and most defining weaknesses - low armor.

In addition, one of the more useful disciple healing mechanics, Balance, would heal low party members more and be more effective if Disciple had reasons to scale health.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Disciple is the unarmored class in lore.

We now have a way to make Disciple have competitive defensive levels against Magic Damage (~50% of damage) while still retaining lore armor appearance. The increased incentives to build CON would likely also increase average disciple build HP.

If we could change a skill like FlyingKick to scale with CON instead of its current scaling, or perhaps increase Magic Resist or HP per CON, it would achieve a more unique class while retaining one of its largest and most defining weaknesses - low armor.

In addition, one of the more useful disciple healing mechanics, Balance, would heal low party members more and be more effective if Disciple had reasons to scale health.
DISC is all over the place for attributes .. I think we should back off of STR and go AGI and INT/WIS.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
DISC is all over the place for attributes .. I think we should back off of STR and go AGI and INT/WIS.
Frankly, it is ONLY your opinion that matters in the practical sense... No current Disciple has suggested increasing AGI scaling over STR scaling and I would have loved to hear this from you several weeks ago so we could have known that all the theorycrafting involving Disciple was headed in the wrong direction and not wasted time.

I am sure they will all love the extra mana resources and movement speed from this new direction though.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I would like to see this. But the main issue I could see happening would be melee damage when putting points into Agility instead of strength. Would agility scale the weapon damage or would points still be needed into strength?